have Sprint nexus 6 going to England asked it to be unlocked and they said it cant be?

edwarto#CB

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am heading to England and wanted to purchase a Sim there and put it in the Nexus 6 I have so i can get better data than the free 2G they give me

But when I called to get it unlocked they told me they cant do it because it does not work with GSM networks only CDMA I was under the impression that nexus 6 was the same phone that worked on all carriers?

Has anyone had there phone unlocked with Sprint? I will be leaving in 4 days

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It is, and by federal law they have to unlock it - but they can take a week or so to get the unlock code, so you'll have to have it emailed to you, and you'll need an internet connection while in England to get the unlock code.

Of course, you could try going into a corporate store (most "Sprint" stores are independents) and let the manager know that if they don't unlock it you're filing a formal complaint with the FCC.

The complaint form is at FCC Complaints.

edwarto#CB

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
They had no problem unlocking they said but he told me that it was not on the list of phone that could be unlocked to work over there? thats what confused me ..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the carrier. O2 might work - they use 800MHz LTE. If not, 3G should still work for All of them, O2, EE, 3 and Vodaphone. You'll have to find out when you get there.

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
They had no problem unlocking they said but he told me that it was not on the list of phone that could be unlocked to work over there? thats what confused me ..
Just tell them you want it unlocked. The carrier people don't know what they are talking about 95% of the time. Look up the freq bands the N6 1103 supports and look up the freq bands in UK providers. It will work on 3g, the only question is if lte will work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you bought the Nexus 6 from Sprint, it's already unlocked. Just check the carrier bands that the English network uses.

If the Nexus 6 supports them, you'll be good to go.

I've already used my Sprint Nexus 6 in Mexico with an International sim and on Verizon. I am still on a monthly payment plan with Sprint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11