T-Mobile Nexus 6 6.0?

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Any word in the T-Mobile version of Marshmallow? I've been patiently waiting, serves me right for buying a carrier version.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that a fun Mess. On Verizon over here very few have gotten the Ota but it's out there, ppl say that a Sim pull/factory reset almost immediately prompts the OTA.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yea I had to do that since I have T-Mobile as well. I got the ota after the second factory reset. Don't forget to pull the sim

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I really don't want to do that, but I guess I have no other choice.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Haven't received it yet. Bought mine from Amazon in March and have been getting the T-Mobile OTA updates ever since. I'll just wait it out as I'm in no rush. I do hope it fixes some minor bugs like Wifi calling not working after updating an App or voice commands not always working when the screen is locked.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Any word in the T-Mobile version of Marshmallow? I've been patiently waiting, serves me right for buying a carrier version.

I got the update Wednesday night. I did buy my Nexus 6 directly through Motorola but there is absolutely no difference between one purchased through a Carrier, Amazon, Google or Motorola. The only thing that is different is your SIM card.

Anyway..... I was hyped up when I saw the update and after two days it's not really a big deal. The only major difference is stand by battery life. After going through my second full day that is the only thing that is dramatically different. Outside of that everything else pretty much looks and feels exactly the same. I never really had battery life issues to start with. I keep a wireless charger on my desk at work and to set it on (although the past two days I've avoided charging it at all to see if there was much difference) But typically I leave work around 4pm and go to bed around 11pm and still have plenty of juice left.

Good luck guys.. I didn't do anything special.. No powering off, pulling the SIM card, Factory resets or chanting in the dark with the blood of a chicken....

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
That's good news on the battery because when I'm at work I rarely use my phone.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Already did mine via adb and the ota zip file. Please remember that updates come from Google not t-mobile. Only reason updates were different on 5.1 was because of Wi-Fi calling and that's been resolved already. All builds are now the same. Loving Wi-Fi calling and volte and built in visual voicemail in the dialer.

Posted via the Android Central App

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't aware of that. So T-Mobile isn't pushing the update to the T-Mobile version , it would be Google?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't aware of that. So T-Mobile isn't pushing the update to the T-Mobile version , it would be Google?

I have adaptive brightness set to about 70%...... As for the update Google pushes them out but I do believe that your carrier can somewhat block the OTA via the SIM you have in your phone??? They usually "Test" the update on their network to make sure there is no issue before allowing it to just go free to your phone.

I've been wrong before though.....

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
They usually "Test" the update on their network to make sure there is no issue before allowing it to just go free to your phone.
My vote for "preferred" explanation re. all the testing. Two separate unofficial posts on the same T-Mobile Support thread:
The problem is T-Mobile is paranoid about Band 12 VoLTE w/ E911 calling. They are testing it and will certify it once they are satisfied that it works correctly. I have unlocked my boot loader and installed 6.0. I can tell you that it works with Wifi calling and Band 12 VoLTE, but I have not tried calling 911 (and I will not for obvious reasons). I do not know what the hold up is for T-Mobile certifying it, but that is the reason it is held up.

As for older devices, they can safely take 6.0 because they do not have the hardware to support Band 12. So there is no danger of having a Band 12 connection but not being able to dial 911.

When you make kernel changes and radio changes it needs to go through the FCC and things also need to get re-certified across the board. Simply dialing a call isn't going to show if E911 works or not. The problem is hand off in areas that don't have band 12 and you are switching between them especially in fringe areas. If it doesn't hand off, you can't place a call even if another carrier has reception. (All carriers are open to E911 calls regardless if you are a subscriber or not, much like landlines. No service, you can still call 911). T-Mobile would be held liable even under the eyes of the FCC.

Also there is a zip file of the exact update, and also the factory image. (They are all the same. They are once again homogenized). If you flash those and something happens, then T-Mobile is off the hook for any liability.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been running 6.0 since the factory T-Mobile image was posted on Google's site. Wifi calling works great and I seem to be getting just slightly better battery performance.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been running 6.0 since the factory T-Mobile image was posted on Google's site. Wifi calling works great and I seem to be getting just slightly better battery performance.
I wish I could say exactly the same. I have yet to see any real bump in battery performance. The only difference I've noticed is that fresh off the charger the first BS-y guesstimate for time remaining claims "approx. 12 days left" instead of "approx. 7 days left," but that 12 days gets whittled down to "2 days +" just as quickly as ever. Throughout the day, the battery even seems to drain at the same rate as it did on 5.1.1 (sometimes faster). So go know.

On the other hand, my WiFi is also working well, and the phone switches between bands 4 and 12 throughout the day in my dungeon of an office. Lately, though, I've been seeing more H+ readings than I'm used to seeing, but I'm chalking that up to weather for now.

And, of course, I'm just hoping the E911 is working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty