Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.0.1 OTA?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.01 OTA?

Anyone see the new Emoji? That's supposed to be introduced with the new update.

iCurtisG

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Quick question my nexus6 is straight from Motorola but since I'm on AT&T and never received the 6.0 update could I flash straight to 6.0.1 or should I got to 6.0 then to 6.0.1

Posted via the Android Central App

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Quick question my nexus6 is straight from Motorola but since I'm on AT&T and never received the 6.0 update could I flash straight to 6.0.1 or should I got to 6.0 then to 6.0.1

Yes, you can. Either flash, or you could try removing SIM card before you reset and see if update happens.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I have the notification this morning, I am waiting to go home at dinner to use my home internet to download it. Vodafone UK

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Just sideloaded 6.01 going from *N-->*K on Fi utilizing adb.
Pretty painless.
Haven't noticed anything different yet.
Comes with December security update, so there's that.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Just sideloaded 6.01 going from *N-->*K on Fi utilizing adb.
Pretty painless.
Haven't noticed anything different yet.
Comes with December security update, so there's that.

It's not much that changed. Now we have new emojis, new Security patch, and double tap power button to start camera.

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and just got the notification this morning, installed and all is running well.

Mike Majeski

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Just got it last night on Verizon. Had manually forced the update to MRA58N last week (was stuck on MRA58K).

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Just got it last night on Verizon. Had manually forced the update to MRA58N last week (was stuck on MRA58K).

I was on mra58k that I forced with ota zip. I was surprised it just jumped to the latest via regular ota, especially being on t-mobile.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Emoji have increased...it's now politically correct for some... some sign symbols are present; familiar to the deaf among us [myself included, huh].
Double tap camera is welcome. Not double twist from Moto, but welcome. Might even be "better". Have to use it more.
Regarding band 12, don't have a clue. Signalcheck isn't showing which band from T-M and don't know if band 12 is available in my area.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Emoji have increased...it's now politically correct for some... some sign symbols are present; familiar to the deaf among us [myself included, huh].
Double tap camera is welcome. Not double twist from Moto, but welcome. Might even be "better". Have to use it more.
Regarding band 12, don't have a clue. Signalcheck isn't showing which band from T-M and don't know if band 12 is available in my area.

Band 12 has been working since 5.1. Use lte discovery when you're in a band 12 area. I have already seen it several times.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I am on at&t I got tired of waiting for even mm6.0 update I just flashed 6.01 factory image phone is running amazing now

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Still no changes to T-Mobile's Software & Updates page for the Nexus 6: that's still all about MRA58X being released on November 20th.

Good to know they're at least starting the rollout, though.