YouTube

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone when using the YouTube app watching videos, is there any way to have it always playing the highest resolution possible for the screen since we have quad HD display is on the Nexus 6? Thanks so much. Is a screenshot of what I am talking about though.uploadfromtaptalk1454624225541.jpg

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone when using the YouTube app watching videos, is there any way to have it always playing the highest resolution possible for the screen since we have quad HD display is on the Nexus 6? Thanks so much. Is a screenshot of what I am talking about though.View attachment 215506

I think it's based on the highest resolution in which it's recorded.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it's based on the highest resolution in which it's recorded.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup
Oh ok gotcha. I was wondering that because some videos play in 480p when 720p is available in 720p and 1080p is available.

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Go to the YouTube desktop site. Make sure you're signed in. Top right corner, click on your "picture" and click on the gear (settings) icon. On the account settings menu, go to Playback and make sure you're set to always play in the highest quality.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok gotcha. I was wondering that because some videos play in 480p when 720p is available in 720p and 1080p is available.

Often that is due to a bandwidth constraint somewhere along the line. If you're on T-Mobile and have Bing On enabled that's an intentional result for example.

The bottleneck may not be with your home service so don't a speed test may not show you results you're looking for when trying to troubleshoot the issue. I've found I get a lot less resolution downscaling when I watch YouTube off of peak hours. During peak times it happens more frequently.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Often that is due to a bandwidth constraint somewhere along the line. If you're on T-Mobile and have Bing On enabled that's an intentional result for example.

The bottleneck may not be with your home service so don't a speed test may not show you results you're looking for when trying to troubleshoot the issue. I've found I get a lot less resolution downscaling when I watch YouTube off of peak hours. During peak times it happens more frequently.
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that with the newest YouTube app update in the Play Store that it's been more reliable for the video quality resolution.