This phone surprised me

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I loved the phone, got teased being able to use it a couple of days before I found the wireless charge not working. Guess I'll try to pick another up.

Got my replacement phone(Another Nexus 6). I am pretty sure my last one was a refurbished. This one on the other hand looks and appears to be brand new. Only thing is that is a Verizon branded phone. No biggie as I always have a case on and there were only 2 Verizon apps that were easily deleted. Now if I could just get that Nougat update. Just got done updating everything else.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, the Nexus 6 is definitely the most underrated phone ever, both by Google and Nexus users out there. Everyone complained about the giant screen, but it's one of my favorite things about it so their complaints, to me, are just completely silly.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, the Nexus 6 is definitely the most underrated phone ever, both by Google and Nexus users out there. Everyone complained about the giant screen, but it's one of my favorite things about it so their complaints, to me, are just completely silly.
Phablets Phorever!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement phone(Another Nexus 6). I am pretty sure my last one was a refurbished. This one on the other hand looks and appears to be brand new. Only thing is that is a Verizon branded phone. No biggie as I always have a case on and there were only 2 Verizon apps that were easily deleted. Now if I could just get that Nougat update. Just got done updating everything else.

How's the wireless charging?

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, wireless charging with this phone is fantastic, and is a basic requirement for my next phone, along with IP67/68 water resistance. The only thing I wish it had is a fingerprint reader like my 5X.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Some of the people I work with love my Nexus 6. They love the big beautiful screen, specifically. Specs to them, mean nothing.

I'm using a custom rom running Nougat and the phone seems the fastest it's ever been. Absolutely lightning fast and smooth. No reason for me to upgrade right now.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to think the Nexus 6 may actually be one of the best Nexii ever made. Especially for what you can get it for now. It's still worth every penny of $250. Value-wise, it's probably the best choice out there. And still kicks serious butt in the speed dept.

The biggest developments are coming in the software side of phones, not hardware. (although cams are getting much better) Even mid-range phones these days are plenty fast for most people. Google had to do something different software related to differentiate themselves. I think they've achieved that with the Pixel. Say what you want about it being too expensive, but it will launch Android in a good direction.

Btw, if you're into tinkering, Google Assistant is available for the Nexus 6 already. (with some tweaking) Another reason yet to stay with the awesome Nexus 6. This phone has the horsepower to run the next version or 2 of android easily. But we'll see if Google allows it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez