mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have Nexus so I can flash the image as soon as Google makes it available
Just flash the new image or side load the OTA file

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Looks like my problem may have been leaving my N6 enrolled in the beta program. That evidently blocks public OTAs in order to allow access to beta OTAs, which the N6 is no longer eligible for.

bbmore2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and just received the 7.0 Nougat update last night. Received the November security patch with it also. Haven't had the chance to play around with it yet, but I love the new notification tray.

Attachments

• 138381.jpg
    138381.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 96

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Ran out of patience and sideloaded Nougat. It's 7.0 Dec patch.

I think Nexus 6 will not get 7.1.1.

Custom ROMs are the only hope now.

Question - since I sideloaded the update, will I have to do this for all future security updates?

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ran out of patience and sideloaded Nougat. It's 7.0 Dec patch.

I think Nexus 6 will not get 7.1.1.

Custom ROMs are the only hope now.

Question - since I sideloaded the update, will I have to do this for all future security updates?

Google said it's coming. Nougat was a month behind so I imagine we'll see 7.1.1 in January. Seems to be a bit more complicated for the N6.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, the carriers are really messing with the rollouts. For those who don't have it yet just grab the latest ota and sideload it. You won't regret it.

The official Google blog states explicitly that the 6 will get 7.1.1 even though it's not posted yet.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, the carriers are really messing with the rollouts. For those who don't have it yet just grab the latest ota and sideload it. You won't regret it

Agree. 7.0 has been out for a while now. Every new build is made available as soon as it's released. No need sitting around waiting for the update.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Seriously, the carriers are really messing with the rollouts. For those who don't have it yet just grab the latest ota and sideload it. You won't regret it.

The official Google blog states explicitly that the 6 will get 7.1.1 even though it's not posted yet.

Even though the official blog says so, the factory images aren't available for 7.1.1. I've currently sideloaded 7.0 with Dec security patch.

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Even though the official blog says so, the factory images aren't available for 7.1.1. I've currently sideloaded 7.0 with Dec security patch.

I'm just curious as to why the OTA for 7.0 hasn't been out out. Am I alone in regards to this? It's getting close to the end of December and I haven't received it.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good, but not really. They do some testing from their end to ensure that everything works fine. Unlike Apple, Android is fragmented and unless it's a Pixel/Nexus device, they have to test a lot to ensure that all services remain unaffected
Newsflash... We're talking about Nexus devices. We're also talking about major US carriers who are impeding the availability of Nexus OTAs. And yes, actually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38