Killed my Nexus 6 in a crime of passion

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, my 2+ yr journey with the Nexus 6 is over.

Saturday night my phone died after impacting my kitchen counter twice. The fact that I became frustrated enough to subject it to such treatment is testament to the bad behavior it has exhibited. I refuse to submit to any more of it. The phone shows no outward damage but will not power on.

I'm now using my old Nexus 4. Guess what? It's bulletproof and not suffering from even the slightest amount of lag. Is it Lollipop vs Nougat? Is it the lack of substandard hardware encryption found on the Nexus 6? Who knows.

I have been asking my friends with iPhones if their phones ever slow down or lock up. They all swear that they don't. Ever. That's really compelling. Definitely considering my first iPhone. Never thought I'd be saying it, but I'm at the end of my rope and don't want to deal with the Android frustration anymore.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do what you wish, but I will warn you this.... Apple's stuff stinks just like everyone else. Be wary of anecdotal evidence. You don't have to dig into things a bit to find people having issues with every phone, whether or not it has an apple logo on the back or not.

After all.. I had a Nexus 6 for over a year, never had a sniff of a problem... and the 6P I have now that replaced it, also not even a whiff of issues. But I know others have, like others have had problems with the Samsungs, LGs, iPhones, etc.....

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Do what you wish, but I will warn you this.... Apple's stuff stinks just like everyone else. Be wary of anecdotal evidence. You don't have to dig into things a bit to find people having issues with every phone, whether or not it has an apple logo on the back or not.

After all.. I had a Nexus 6 for over a year, never had a sniff of a problem... and the 6P I have now that replaced it, also not even a whiff of issues. But I know others have, like others have had problems with the Samsungs, LGs, iPhones, etc.....
I used to count myself among those who had nothing but good luck, but I've become fatigued and can no longer stand the issues. They've become increasingly disruptive.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I miss my Nexus 4

Ran fine but battery didn't last half a day. Charging was so slow I simply couldn't use it. Travel would have been suicide.

Picked up my first iPhone (7 plus) and I'm loving it. Battery is 63% after 12.5 hrs on travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non