Any Bluetooth 4.0 Rechargeable Speakers Under $50?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Looking to buy a bluetooth speaker soon and it seems like most of the speakers only have bluetooth 2.0.

Just wondering if there are any newer, bluetooth speakers. That have bluetooth 4.0 and utilize the low power mode.

Under $50
Rechargeable Battery
Bluetooth 4.0

Does it exist?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope your lucky if you can find a 2.0 Bluetooth speaker for under $50. The 4.0 Bluetooth DJ headset I bought for $240 has another model with 2.0 Bluetooth for $150 so the Bluetooth 4.0 was not a cheap addition. I looking for the same thing but I am completely willing to use BT 2.0 and have been watching these for awhile hoping for a price drop.

X-mini : Sound Beyond Size

I own a music bullet and a x-mini. The x-mini produces much better sound with bass would not expect from such a small device. It can literally jump around if your playing stuff with heavy bass. Neither are Bluetooth sadly but cost under $20 each. I have heard several other mini speakers and none sound any good now that I know how they can sound.

Reactions: John-Smith

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd second the comment about bluetooth anything and under $50. I looked about 6 months back and ended up w/ one you could plug a headphone cable into...sound quality is better than bluetooth as well...bluetooth 2.0 actually isn't great sound quality because of the compression used..

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats so weird that it would cost so much just for BT 4.0.. You would think more devices would have it by now, its just so much better. The battery life savings alone is an amazing feature.

The Nexus 7 has BT 4.0 and seeing how the N7 was "Estimated" to cost around $180 to build, I highly doubt the feature of adding BT 4.0 costs more than $20 for the N7.

The technology has been out for over 2 years now. At this rate its going to take as long as USB 3.0 will to become mainstream.. SMH

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 7 has BT 4.0 hardware but no BT 4.0 software which is the cost issue. Oh and BT 4.0 adds almost no hardware upgrades. The copyrights on 4.0 are real expensive atm till a company buys the guy out on them we are screwed. The massive battery saving are the whole reason he thinks the rights are so valuable. So far he has only allowed leasing of the rights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10