short charging cable,can I extend it?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys I dunno about you but my cable which came with my charger is quite short for me to use my nexus plugged in my outlet...Can I use normal usb cable to extend it and use it then?

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
As long as its a mini usb its all good, cables are all the same really.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Or buy a cheap 8' electric extension cord at the dollar store, and plug the charger into that. That's what I did. It's easier for me to unplug the charger from the extension cord and move it elsewhere, as opposed to having to pull out the couch each time to unplug it from the wall.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So basically I can buy any cable which is same as the cable which came with the charger,just longer version of it.right?

Yeah any mini usb is ok, check eBay out there are loads of cheap ones, atm I use a blackberry charger for mine

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 uses a micro USB not mini. Be warned though the Nexus 7 will charge slower if you don't use a good quality cable.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Also note that some cables while they may charge the phone they may be fussy or not work at all for internal/external storage transfers and connection. Also goes the same for rooting...

Why? No clue but I've bought in the past 3 cables from the same place, 2 work great for all things and 3rd cable was only good for battery charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non