Nexus 7 battery life help

jim gunzel

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, im new to these forums so i hope im posting this in the right section :p, i recently got a nexus 7 (my first android device), but im concerned about my battery life, it drains alot faster then google's 8-9 hours claim, when playing games (like gta, or carnivors) i get around 2-3 hours before the device completly drains, same thing when im watching movies, i get around 2-3 hours on it, when im surfing the web i get around 5-6 hours, im not sure if this is acceptable, if tried many things like i performed 2 factory resets on my nexus 7 already, my brightness is around 30%, and i turned of the location stuff,and i always put the tablet in airplane mode when im not using wifi, so my real question is are other nexus 7 users getting the same results as me? and if not is there anything i can do to improve my battery life?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, im new to these forums so i hope im posting this in the right section :p, i recently got a nexus 7 (my first android device), but im concerned about my battery life, it drains alot faster then google's 8-9 hours claim, when playing games (like gta, or carnivors) i get around 2-3 hours before the device completly drains, same thing when im watching movies, i get around 2-3 hours on it, when im surfing the web i get around 5-6 hours, im not sure if this is acceptable, if tried many things like i performed 2 factory resets on my nexus 7 already, my brightness is around 30%, and i turned of the location stuff,and i always put the tablet in airplane mode when im not using wifi, so my real question is are other nexus 7 users getting the same results as me? and if not is there anything i can do to improve my battery life?

Yeah that's about right. The 8-9 he estimate is based on average use. Playing games for a few hours straight isn't considered average. When I give my 5 year old the nexus 7to play with I see about 3 hrs of battery life out of it.
The killer is the screen. That's what's using the most battery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Games are a huge battery killer. Really anything that keeps your CPU running fast and screen on will kill it quickly. I usually just read websites and twitter, no games and screen at 5-10% brightness so i get a little bit better battery life.
9amyzu6u.jpg
(6 hours screen on)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2