How can I unroot my nexus 7 (2013) that is rooted but locked?

MAChang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello

Re: Google Nexus 7 (2013) on Android 4.4.4.

I got it as a gift. As I was installing an app it asked me to root it. I followed the direction of an internet article and it became rooted. Since I did not have any idea of what rooting was, I did it with no consideration. But later I found that it voids the warranty. I am not sure if I can get the official system updates that Asus or Google issues.

I wanted to restore it to the original status so I followed a youtube clip to use WugFresh. But it did not work. I could not understand the directions and got always stuck with the message board about the checklist including drivers configuration. I tried it many times but it did the same--did not work.

I checked it with root checker app and my N7 is rooted but locked. I do not know why and what this means. Is there something wrong?

I want to restore it to the original status when I unpacked it.

Please help me.
Mac and PC are available for this.

Great thanks in advance.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
What app instructed you to root your phone? Did it specifically say that you had to root it or was it just recommended to get access to more features?
Anyway...do you have Super SU or Super User in your app drawer? The Super SU app has an option to fully unroot. All you need to do is open it, go into settings and scroll all way down until you see said option.

MAChang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you ambassador.

I do not remember but the logo of the app was like lambda, Greek L.

I got the SuperSu on my device and opted "full unroot" in the setting. It started the process but it seemed to take forever. In about 25 minutes as I touched the power button in my impatience, the device coincidently turned off. having rebooted, as I tried to do it again a message popped up to say "Unfortunately SuperSU stopped working." I checked the device with the app, root check, and there is no root access.

Does it mean that my device is now unrooted fully? I hope so. If not, please teach me how to solve it.

Thank you so much for your great advice. To me other directions were just like Portuguese. Yours fit to me.

God bless you.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you ambassador.

I do not remember but the logo of the app was like lambda, Greek L.

I got the SuperSu on my device and opted "full unroot" in the setting. It started the process but it seemed to take forever. In about 25 minutes as I touched the power button in my impatience, the device coincidently turned off. having rebooted, as I tried to do it again a message popped up to say "Unfortunately SuperSU stopped working." I checked the device with the app, root check, and there is no root access.

Does it mean that my device is now unrooted fully? I hope so. If not, please teach me how to solve it.

Thank you so much for your great advice. To me other directions were just like Portuguese. Yours fit to me.

God bless you.

Yeah, you should now be unrooted. Is the Super SU app still installed?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2