Nexus 7 2013 in Bootloop After Flashing TWRP

joshjovovich

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I finally decided to take up the task of rooting my Nexus 7. After I unlocked the bootloader I went to flash TWRP to the device. After I flashed TWRP, it got stuck in a bootloop. I can turn the device on into the bootloader, but cannot enter recovery or start it without it entering the bootloop. I downloaded the stock recovery image (5.0.2) for it so I could reflash to that but the computer will not recognize the device when I plugged it in. The tablet will accept a charge, but that's it. I am 99% sure I flashed a TWRP recovery for Android 4.4.4, not for 5.0.2, and that is why it goes into a bootloop. I did make a backup of the whole device via Holo Backup before unlocking the bootloader. It's a .ab file and I'm not sure if it can help. It is only 1.4gb and I'm not sure if it's just compressed or if it is only app data. However being that this is my first time rooting an Android device, I have no clue what to do now to fix this. I went to fast and didn't read and just downloaded the wrong recovery :-\. I'm really hoping it's not bricked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you