Cancelling through Google Wallet

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone had any joy cancelling there Nexus order through Google Wallet.

There is a contact seller link where you can send a cancelling request email, I don't expect it to work but if it has worked for anyone can you let me know.

Also has anyone managed to cancel over the phone, do you need to get the call escalated past the normal customer service agent to get it done?

Thanks

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait even see the point in using GWallet. I have debit and credit cards. Why would I want to have a card that needs another card to work?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone had any joy cancelling there Nexus order through Google Wallet.

There is a contact seller link where you can send a cancelling request email, I don't expect it to work but if it has worked for anyone can you let me know.

Also has anyone managed to cancel over the phone, do you need to get the call escalated past the normal customer service agent to get it done?

Thanks

I tried to cancel on the phone but they said it is too far in the process or something like that. Saw the email option but I am just going to do what most are and refuse shipping.

The Sams club here had 5 left after I bought mine and another guy bought two. It amazes me....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've just removed all my card details from Google Wallet and as I removed the card it came up with a message saying my 16gb Nexus 7 order will be affected so I assume they will just not be able to charge my card therefore cancelling my order.

Has anyone else done this and managed to stop the order?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's crazy that you have to remove cards from your account to force them to cancel your order. With all that's happened you would think the least they could do is cancel your order when you ask them to.

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I know, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I am going to try support again and tell them i've removed the card and see what they do about it, I would rather just have it cancelled rather then go through the process of having it shipped and refusing it.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
No. I didn't even get an acknowledgement of my message. I sent it two days ago. Pathetic. You'd think Google would have some understanding of e-commerce.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Call them up and tell them to intercept. It actually worked, much to my surprise. I literally watched the guy turn around as he updated the order status, package in hand, and walk back to his truck.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've just removed all my card details from Google Wallet and as I removed the card it came up with a message saying my 16gb Nexus 7 order will be affected so I assume they will just not be able to charge my card therefore cancelling my order.

Has anyone else done this and managed to stop the order?

I didnt do it through Google Wallet, but I was able to call my credit card company and have them keep any transactions from Google Devices from going through for a month (This was recommended to me by a Google CS rep on the phone). It seems to have worked, as I got an email from Google saying "You need to update your Credit Card info on Google Play within 7 days or we will cancel your order". So its set to cancel in 6 more days.

manes13

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That's the message I received from google play

Hi Karim,

Thank you for contacting Google Play Support!

I've reviewed your order status and have verified that your package has successfully been delivered.

I apologize for our delayed response. We?ve had incredible demand for Nexus 7, and we?re working on shipping them and answering your questions as quickly as possible.

If you would still like to return your device to Google, please return the device within 5 days of receiving the shipment to UPS and it will be sent back and your purchase refunded. If you have opened the box, you will have to contact us again and we can proceed from there.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this email.

Regards,

Ben
The Google Play Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Subject: Order inquiries
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 18:26:24 +0000

>
>
>
> AutoDetectedBrowser: Internet Explorer 8
> AutoDetectedOS: Windows 7