screen broke - locked - access data??

NEXodUS

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
my Nexus7 fell down and the screen broke. :'(
I cannot unlock it to access my data via usb.
Is there any way I can get to it?

If not, I went into the bios to at least try to reset the thing and at least delete everything but there it said like 'rom locked' or so, i canot remeber anymore... do I have to flash it?

Hope anyone can help a bit, thanks.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you plan on fixing it? Because the cost of repairs is pretty darned close to a new one.

The way I see it:

1. If you care about getting the data back, you'll need to have it repaired by a trustworthy shop, then the repaired unit should still have your data on it.

2a. If you don't care about the data and just want to keep it out of the hands of ne'er-do-wells, you can choose to have it repaired by a trustworthy shop,

2b. or smash it very hard with a very large hammer until the memory chips are unrecognizable, followed by a proper disposal. Scrounge the speakers, back cover, buttons, and whatever is not motherboard and is detachable before smashy-smashy, because they don't store any data and you can sell those for parts.

NEXodUS

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you plan on fixing it? Because the cost of repairs is pretty darned close to a new one.

haha thanks dude, this was an entertaining answer
i will probably get a new one as i had this glitch anyway where i had to put the standby-button at times cuz the display wouldnt react
but on the other hand i wouldnt mind getting it repaired if it would be as good as new one... have no experiences with repairs of these devices really

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty