voice results in Google Voice Search

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
When i use the Google now search speaking into the N7 mic.....it does not give the results back as spoken voice, only urls. I have seen a few demos on youtube of the G-now search that show the N7 speaking back certain info on some questions or searches instead of showing data or listing search results.

Is there a way to trigger spoken word results when available?

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: voice results in Google Now

Some searches don't result in the right kind of results to give a spoken reply, just search results. Have you tried some of the examples that are known to work?

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes I realize that many results do not have an audio/voice reply for answer or summary result. I was trying to do the same search that I saw Pirillo do on his i5 phone? with the google search app.....but I did not get a voice result at all with my N7. Does Google Search function app run differently on different devices/OS's?

Watch the vid at 3.30 and try to get your search result to give the same voice reply back...and not just the url search results. TLDR: Google Voice Search Vs. Siri - YouTube

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I only get search results for "who is Chris Parillo"

Try "how tall is the Eiffel Tower", I get a voice result for that.

*edit* Here's some more examples that should work:

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

YaY........i get those basic search results back as voice answers. But my question is specifically why Chris gets the result of his search for his name back with a voice answer....and I can not. This is why I am asking if it is because he has a different version of the app.....or because of some settings?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

YaY........i get those basic search results back as voice answers. But my question is specifically why Chris gets the result of his search for his name back with a voice answer....and I can not. This is why I am asking if it is because he has a different version of the app.....or because of some settings?

He's using the search app on iOS, there are probably some differences between it and Google Now that's built into Android (though I don't really know why).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member