Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Chatsworth52

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
After far too many hours of stress and following blind alley after blind alley, adding/subtracting and massaging google accounts, the reasons for doing so I just could understand, I put my IT hat back on and went searching for a framework problem........... and found it!!! If you have a google server download problem, forget all the resetting of accounts crap, just do this:

1) click the "Settings" icon on the home screen

2) scroll down to the "DEVICE" section on the left of the page and then click "Apps"

3) at the top right of the page are 4 tabs : "DOWNLOADED", "ROM DISK", "RUNNING" and "ALL"

4) click "ALL"

5) scroll down the list and find "Google Services Framework" then click it

6) on this page click "Force Stop" followed by clicking "Clear Data"

To be doubly safe I cleared Google Play Store cache at the same time by:

7) scroll further and click on Play Store; force stop and clear data also.

8) switch off the tablet by holding down the power button for a few seconds and then restart it.

This should work every single time if you force stop google services and clear the data cache. But I suppose if this fails(it never did for me on three tablets pcs, then repeat.

NOTE: No need to delete any accounts or register new ones.

Good luck

Mikal Sedik

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

OK, NONE OF THIS IS WORKING I HAVE A ZEEPAD 7.0 GOOGLE PLAY IS A PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PUT IN A GOOGLE PLAY CARD I DID EVERYTHING YOU GUYS TOLD ME, what do i do now?

oreo8291

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

As far as i can tell , i was getting that all the time then i realized
it was my fault. Everytime you log out of google email , it causes that
cannot dl due to server error . But everytime i log back in and then try it ,
it works . Seems silly to log out then log back in but its worked for me .
Thanks all , my first post ! Have the 7inch Zeki , which works quite well .

Sue Edwards

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Very new to all this. Got a new Ak aniko tablet. Initiallised ok and downloaded bbci player ok. will not down load any more apps, error message rpc:s-5:aec-o came up, did what forums said and now I also get error message 921. Read other answers but nothing seems to work. silly Question, but how do I delete an account, there does not seem to be a delete option in settings, all I managed to do was untick the syn boxes.:-[:-[

Angie Cross

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
after much frustration dealing with this problem. I had the fix in the wrong order. Remove your google account first, don't just take off sync, actually remove it. Then go to google play and set up account, accept your existing account, it will set up under that, then presto, it works, hope I stated it clearly.....

Leeanne Robbo

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
hello I've been trying to buy credits through Google play store and this error keeps coming up.
ide like to no why and can it be fixed. I love playing these games and want to continue playing
them. please help.
thanks leeanne

Edlysham Abrahman

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

My android has a problem for download,.I have some tips sent by some friends in here but its works for two installer only and become worst after that never successful for dowmload,.plz help

Maureen Stewart

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I FIGURED IT OUT.... Its a security problem with your email account, I personally talked to Google play... There are two ways to fix it. 1. Go to this Web site and give them all the information they ask for >>>> https://support.google.com/wallet/bin/request.py?&&contact_type=verification ( I personally did not do this cause I AM NOT giving them my personal information). 2. Make up a new Gmail and delete your old one from your phone, put your new email to your phone and use that to purchase threw your google play, Yes it stinks you need to place a new email onto your phone but with my phone I can put my old email address back on my phone and kept in my new one for purchasing threw Google play, that way I receive emails from both accounts. GOOD LUCK...

ALSO... Go into your PLAY STORE on your phone and go to accounts, my phone you have to click on the button on the lower left hand side where your get a drop down thing and go to accounts, it will then ask you what email address you want to use for google play, click on the new email..

Last edited by a moderator:

woswin

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Was having the same issue with 4.2.2 on GSM GNexus. Removing my google account and adding it worked for me. Thanks guys.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I deleted my Google account from the tablet, rebooted it, then reinstalled the same account. Works fine now.

chemikgti

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

To get the update to 4.2.2 i cleared GSFramework. I moved my clock to the future. I got the update.
I think some of you did this same. When you moved you clock back to the normal time system was still in the future and i thing that is the problem.
How to fix it? This is whot i did. I moved clock again forward. I really worked for me. Next step I did was to move clock back to normal time and i checked for soft update again. When on the screen info told me "last checked for update at ----" everything was OK!
Now I just want to say sorry for my language but English is not my first one and I juz trying my best. I hope the info was useful.

SoCal65

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

I tried every other method numerous times in various combinations on my GNex to no avail. I tried the below method and BAM, back to downloading apps. Definitely give this one a shot if you're still getting that error message. :cool:
I've had the same with a Galaxy Nexus on 4.1.2. I think what caused it was my stopping the Google Services Framework and clearing the data so that I could do a proper, clean check to see if 4.2 was available (it wasn't) without doing a manual install.

I really didn't want to follow the guide above in deleting my account because it's the primary account and it would effectively reset the phone and mean a lot of work to get it back as it is.

I did fix it, however. What I did was the following:

- Create a new Google account with any name you choose. It's temporary, so pick anything
- Clear dada & cache for the Google Play Store
- Uninstall updates for Google Play Store, taking it back to the factory installed version (don't worry - you'll get the updates back)
- Start Google Play
- Select accounts and choose the new one you've just created
- Go to My Apps and pick (a free) one to update and update it. That should be successful
- Come out of Google Play
- Go into settings and delete the temporary Google account you just created
- Go back to Google Play and make sure that the account is set to your primary one
- Complete all updates

All should be well. But - it may be very different for you than it was for me. Anyway - this is all non-destructive, so it's easy and painless to try.