Click to Call & Bluetooth

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Whenever a number comes up in an app - I use TomTom, Yelp, YellowPages, Google Nav etc and I click on it - it pops up a window asking me to add a new contact. That should go to click to call and call my phone - well I can't get that to work. So I tried an old flip phone to see if the bluetooth calling worked and I can't get that to work either.

Are these issues or do I have a problem(s) specific to my unit. The bluetooth may be an issue with my phone but just added it to get some feedback before I take the next steps.

Thanks

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of anything that works like that personally. I don't think there's any way to initiate a phone call on a smartphone from a tablet.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not using a smartphone with it just a reliable moto flip and they do pair.

You can click to call from within Google Voice on the Nexus 7 but it will only click to call for numbers that have been saved as contacts. Having to save every number as a contact 1st is cumbersome though to say the least.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just because 2 devices can pair via bluetooth that doesn't mean it'll do what you think it should do. Click to call works on Google Voice on the N7, and it'll work on any phone because it is a phone. But you can't click to call and just send it to another phone. It doesn't work that way.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Click to call works for you on the N7? That's what I'm saying doesn't work. I don't see why I should have to add every number as a GV contact to have C2C work on the N7 when it works with any number on my PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247