I thought my battery was dying but it was my charger

Yorker

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I spent 2 weeks dealing with severe battery problems on my Nexus 7. After trying every "trick" I learned from this forum to no avail, I called Google to return it. I got a new one within 2 days but had 21 days to return the defective unit. So I thought I'd try using the new charger on my old device. Voila! It charged right up and now works fine. So after a few days of having no tablet at all due to my inability to get the original N7 to work, I now have 2 devices to play with (for a couple of weeks anyway). The moral: Don't assume it's the battery. It could be the charger. However, if you don't have another charger to use (as I didn't), I don't know what help knowing this will be.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I spent 2 weeks dealing with severe battery problems on my Nexus 7. After trying every "trick" I learned from this forum to no avail, I called Google to return it. I got a new one within 2 days but had 21 days to return the defective unit. So I thought I'd try using the new charger on my old device. Voila! It charged right up and now works fine. So after a few days of having no tablet at all due to my inability to get the original N7 to work, I now have 2 devices to play with (for a couple of weeks anyway). The moral: Don't assume it's the battery. It could be the charger. However, if you don't have another charger to use (as I didn't), I don't know what help knowing this will be.

I see you are pretty new. Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing. Even if it helps one person, it would be worthwhile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38