4.4 and the case of the headphone issues.

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, since updating to 4.4 when I plug in headphones the audio still goes through the speaker rather than redirecting to the headphones. I know the headphone socket is working since I installed SoundAbout and set it to only go through the headphones and they work fine. Anyone else having this issue ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume the headphone plug is being pushed in all the way, until you feel or hear the click, correct? And any lint or debris has ben cleared from the jack.

I would wonder if SoundAbout is causing the issue, since you just updated to 4.4. I've had minor issues with a number of apps that are not entirely compatible with 4.4, so consider uninstalling SoundAbout temporarily, and see if the problem persists. If the problem goes away, then notify the developer at SoundAbout@woodslink.net.

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
First thing I did was check that the plug didn't have any lint in it. I should have probably been more clear when I mentioned SoundAbout as I installed it after I found the problem so its not the cause of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Any other apps installed that might have access to your sound settings?

Posted via Android Central App