Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012) Amazon Store app won't install after 4.4 OTA update?

SwagJonesJr

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else have this problem? I did a search and it looks like someone else had a problem similar to this on the Nexus 2013. There was no real solution.

I enabled Unknown sources in the security settings and I've tried obtaining the app from email and the Amazon website itself. When I start the app it gives the the option to "Install" or "Cancel", I can't push or select the install button, but I can push the cancel button. What gives? I need my SwiftKey keyboard :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I always go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp to download the apk.

Do you have any screen dimming apps installed, like Screen Filter? I've seen these kinds of apps cause Install buttons to oddly become inaccessible. If you turn off the dimming, it comes back on.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
In the play store there are more than 1 Amazon app, try the one that says Amazon for tablets. It installed & works fine on my N7(2012).
Doesn't anyone else have this problem? I did a search and it looks like someone else had a problem similar to this on the Nexus 2013. There was no real solution.

I enabled Unknown sources in the security settings and I've tried obtaining the app from email and the Amazon website itself. When I start the app it gives the the option to "Install" or "Cancel", I can't push or select the install button, but I can push the cancel button. What gives? I need my SwiftKey keyboard :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the play store there are more than 1 Amazon app, try the one that says Amazon for tablets. It installed & works fine on my N7(2012).

We need the OP to clarify something--are you looking for the Amazon Appstore​ app, or the Amazon app (which is just the shopping app)?

Dura Mater

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem on my 2013 Nexus 7. When I try to install third-party apps, I can't press the install button, only the cancel button.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem on my 2013 Nexus 7. When I try to install third-party apps, I can't press the install button, only the cancel button.

As mentioned above--you don't have any kind of screen dimming apps installed, do you?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings and tick allow unknown sources

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 7

Hi, thanks for your input, but if you'll notice from the original and subsequent posts, that wasn't the actual issue.

Posted via Android Central App