The Nexus 7 (2012) Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok....

It sounds official.....

Questions.....

If we get it..... and I haven't seen any official for 7 (2012)...

When do we get it....?

What is it.....?

Hope it rolls out and fixes the lag issues...

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I keep tabs on a daily it seems very close now probably this week from all I've heard. it's said to be mostly stability enhancements but I think there will be a couple of other nice little features added in the mix. ;)

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If it happens I hope you guys will test it for me because after the start of 5 I won't go near it. Of course I did learn how to go back to the 4's so it was an education. Good luck with 5.1

buster buddy

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I just checked for an update this evening and OTA 5.1 is available on my Nexus. I have company coming over for dinner in about 10 minutes so I'm going to wait to download it later this evening after my friend is gone. Figured it would be rude if I was playing with my tablet and not talking to my company. LOL

Update. Dinner is done and I''m downloading and installing 5.1 right now.

Last edited:

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Got it tonight and yes, it feels faster for me too.

UPDATE 3/17: The other N7 in my household just got it. Updating now... Hope it helps the lag. The other wasn't before or after.

Last edited:

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
just flashed that factory image and waiting for android to upgrade :cool:

*update, bootloader wouldn't flash so I skipped it since it shared the same 4.23 as the one from 5.0.2; I also skipped flashing userdata too

Last edited:

Maurice Reed1

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got 5.1 upgrade OTA. All installed ok and so far Chrome doesn't appear to keep hanging. It did seem to hang quite a lot on forums running vBulletin software. Tried the same sites again and so far so good.

Nexus 7 2012.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been checking into how to flash 5.1 to my N7 and was going to do it tomorrow when I had time. My N7 has been near useless since getting Lollipop and figured it wouldn't really matter if I bricked it doing the flash. Woke up this morning and I had the OTA waiting! Installing now. :D Can't wait to see how it reacts. I'll try to get back later today with first impressions.

Tyz

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Tried twice to update just gives me an error after a few seconds then boots back into 5.02 ?
3 rd time about 1/3 of install then dead robot and error ??
This because I rooted my device ?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
if you're trying to download the OTA then yes being rooted will be a problem. you'll have to unroot and flash stock 5.0.2 to install an OTA

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This isn't an in-depth look, but 5.1 is far better than 5.0.2. Now, having said that, it still froze on me using Chrome. Had to hold the power button till it rebooted. I hadn't cleared the system cache after the install. I have done that now, will have to run it some more. I haven't put Facebook back on yet. Way to leary of bringing it back to its knees again. I may try it in awhile. At this point still considering Cyanogen if 5.1 still sucks.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I always steer clear of FB, its just to much of a problem these days.
I long for the day when it's passed up and long forgotten for something better ;)

tpmikey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Been having an issue since update. Whenever tablet goes to sleep, only way to wake it up is to hold down power button and reset device. Anyone else having issues. I got the update on Wednesday I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarkkent