nexus does not like my netgear 4500

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My nexus has a hard time on my netgear 4500 internet access is super slow web pages are slow YouTube is slow. It seems like it has trouble when it first requests data takes forever to respond. Help!

Posted via Android Central App

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My nexus has a hard time on my netgear 4500 internet access is super slow web pages are slow YouTube is slow. It seems like it has trouble when it first requests data takes forever to respond. Help!

Posted via Android Central App
I'm going to assume the implied that your new Nexus 7 is the only device on which this occurs.
Have you tried power cycling the router? How does the signal look? Are there many other wireless networks around using the same or nearby wifi channels? Usually the best 3 channels are 1, 6, and 11.
On the Nexus, go into the wifi advanced settings and try limiting it to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, see if that changes anything.

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem to work well with my 2012 nexus either. Other than that Ipad GS3, computers all work very well on it. Power cycling and all of the other standard trouble shooting methods have been tried with no avail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress