Nexus 7: Random restarts?

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Random restarts?

I've had it happen a few times since I bought it a Week and a half ago. Twice while browsing on Chrome and once while trying to open Chrono Trigger. It's clearly not compatible with 4.3 yet, lol.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick scan of this thread and seems like most ppl are talking about good old fashioned reboot/restart issues. I woke up this AM back at the *welcome* screen, after having organized all my apps and using the device problem free for the last couple days. Supwitdat? Anybody experience the same? I sure hope this little hiccup was a one time thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Quick scan of this thread and seems like most ppl are talking about good old fashioned reboot/restart issues. I woke up this AM back at the *welcome* screen, after having organized all my apps and using the device problem free for the last couple days. Supwitdat? Anybody experience the same? I sure hope this little hiccup was a one time thing.

So it did a factory reset all by itself? WTF? Wow. . . . that's the first I have heard of that happening. I would be pissed if that happened to me.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

So it did a factory reset all by itself? WTF? Wow. . . . that's the first I have heard of that happening. I would be pissed if that happened to me.

Indeed it did. And yeah, kinda irritating
-_-

I left it on but plugged in when I went to bed cause it was low on battery. And i woke up to the welcome screen.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I had mind on all day yesterday, no restarts, except for the one after the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I never had that happen that isn't normal.

Well it appears maybe it was missing one of the updates I guess? Just got to a starbucks to do some work and noticed I have a system update notification. Clicked on it, and it prompted me to install Android 4.3. Jellybean. Hmmmm. Thought I *had* that already. Went into settings and verified it's already running 4.3. But I do recall people saying there was supposed to be two updates for the device out of the box and, thinking back, I believe only one got successfully installed when I first went through set up. Maybe that was it. Who knows, lol. As long as I don't wake up to a "welcome" screen every morning I'm good.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Yes, two updates. The second one scared me, because it just downloaded and without telling me the download was complete, restarted my device! So at first I thought it was one of the random restarts that has been reported, but realized it wasn't when I saw it was installing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had any restart or reset issues with the new Nexus 7. My old gnex did decide to factory reset a couple times (woke up to that welcome screen twice, soma4society), but I digress.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

Mine restarts probably 3 times a day. Really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I was ready to purchase the new Nexus 7 as soon as the 32GB models were in stock at BestBuy. After stumbling upon this thread, think I might hold off for a minute. I don't have reboot issues on my older Nexus running 4.3
I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if the problem still persist.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

HisSvt2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

My wife has the same issue with her Xoom with newest chrome she's on 4.2.1 jelly. It's got to be apps and 4.3 not playing nice.

harbash6

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

If anyone is interested in helping Google resolve the random reboot issue you can go to the Google forum link below. Look for the Best Answer post from Paul on instructions to provide feedback to Google. My wife's 16GB Nexus 7 was experiencing random reboots so I posted my symptoms in the thread. There was no immediate reaction from Google with a solution, so we exchanged it for a new one on Sunday. So far no random reboots with the second Nexus 7.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/mobile/mG4JXaT-SHs/SlaYmKyyICEJ

HisSvt2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

If anyone is interested in helping Google resolve the random reboot issue you can go to the Google forum link below. Look for the Best Answer post from Paul on instructions to provide feedback to Google. My wife's 16GB Nexus 7 was experiencing random reboots so I posted my symptoms in the thread. There was no immediate reaction from Google with a solution, so we exchanged it for a new one on Sunday. So far no random reboots with the second Nexus 7.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/mobile/mG4JXaT-SHs/SlaYmKyyICEJ

In posting in that thread now as well hope Google acts quickly to fix this very annoying I sold my old nexus 7 which worked perfect and now this one which I love and is very nice just acts up. It isn't often for me but enough to be annoying

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Random reboot while watching Netflix on my new Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

My first 16GB was restarting any time I tried to use the camera, so I took it back. My 32GB is flawless and has yet to either reboot, or be robooted by me other than the updates it received. Man this thing is nice when it doesn't reboot. Fast.