Tether question

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you normally tether your tablet via bluetooth or wifi? Also on that note, if your tethering with bluetooth, is it only for audio or can/do you surf the web or use it for navigation? I always thought of bluetooth usage for audio (like headsets or minor file transfers) while wifi to handle web surfing or video streaming. Obviously I'm showing my ignorance here, but thats okay... ignorance is better than obvious stupidity and pushing out bad information because of one's ignorance. Sorry I should have clarified, I'm talking tethering to your smartphone, not local hotspots. I noticed a line in one of the columns here about the Nexus that stated "... while Bluetooth tethered to a phone for data.." that made me wonder.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Most tethering is done with wifi. I've had one issue with wifi and had to use BT (on previous devices). The speeds were slower but it depends on the rev of the source but yes you can surf the web just fine. You don't create a Bluetooth hotspot in the same way the wifi hotspot is. Its a one to one link whereas the hotspot option can link multiple devices.

Can also USB tether which is supposed to be faster but I found to drain the battery the worse.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thx for the response. Just thought the comment in the article was interesting, while they were discussing the Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress