Anyone with Pixel issues?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Was wanting to see how common this may be for the new 7. I never had the issue with my (2012) 7. I know with LCD tech this is a common occurrence and happens more frequently then it should. I unfortunately just received my (2013) model today and fired it up to two dead pixels on the display. Both dead center... Anybody else have the issue?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Was wanting to see how common this may be for the new 7. I never had the issue with my (2012) 7. I know with LCD tech this is a common occurrence and happens more frequently then it should. I unfortunately just received my (2013) model today and fired it up to two dead pixels on the display. Both dead center... Anybody else have the issue?

I haven't had any issues, but if it's out of the box that way and it bugs you I'd say RMA it. Did you order from Google or a third party?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues, but if it's out of the box that way and it bugs you I'd say RMA it. Did you order from Google or a third party?

Yeah I received it tonight and after setting up within 30 min I noticed. I immediately RMA'ed with Google. It was purchased through them. I still don't know why they do the hold method for the amount. I don't see why they can't charge someone if the device isn't returned within the 21 days. The only downfall I can't stand going through Google Play. I'm hoping the issues aren't present with the second one. Again... All the years I have owned any LCD tech these things tend to happen every once in awhile.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I hope they get you set up on the new one quickly. Sorry that happened. I've always been curious about if yours will become the refurbished, like they repair the panel or replace that one part and reship or how exactly that works. *shrug*

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The first one I purchased had a few dead pixels. Exchanged it and the second one was fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately am running into the nightmare that is Google Play support. They ended up sending me the incorrect RMA for my old device and not the new current one.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why they can't charge someone if the device isn't returned within the 21 days.

Because unfortunately they would probably get scammed quite a bit. 21 days later, Google finds out the card they have on file has been canceled, and they have no way of charging the customer, who now has two tablets at the price of one.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not many people would destroy their credit and risk prison for such an easily traceable case of theft/fraud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Because unfortunately they would probably get scammed quite a bit. 21 days later, Google finds out the card they have on file has been canceled, and they have no way of charging the customer, who now has two tablets at the price of one.
Well at least there's an upside. Asus will make you return the tablet before sending you the replacement. Google's way let's you be able to keep using it, and you get your deposit back

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Not many people would destroy their credit and risk prison for such an easily traceable case of theft/fraud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

There are plenty of people who do stuff this stupid (and worse) every day. Plus you get people who a) used someone else's credit card to order or b) used stolen credit card & purchase information to begin with, etc. It's easy to think "they should do x, y, and z" when thinking like a consumer. Of course it would be better for the consumer if they sent the replacement right away and only charged for a 2nd tablet if they didn't get the first one back, but businesses get burned doing things like that very regularly. But looking at it like a business, it's risky. Even if it is somewhat easily traceable, it costs time & effort (which costs money) to track down the offenders.

You know how they could do it and protect themselves? Charge everyone more up front. I'd rather they didn't.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately my second unit also suffered from dead pixels on different parts of the screen. On to the third! Hoping third times a charm!