Scaling an image when sending in Gmail?

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
When sending a screenshot by email the screenshot is 2.8 MB in size. Is there a way of scaling it down when sending?

Thanks,

doug

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Could try editing with Snapseed or something similar to scale it down before attaching.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.avg.shrinker&token=0buz--TT

That one supports custom sizes and has presized ways to reduce the image footprint. If one of those predetermined sizes will work for you, that might be awesome.

I tested it and it seems to be a very useful app and works well. The default custom shrink size quality is poor, but some of the higher ones are acceptable. It's a bit "lossy" but you can set different default shrink sizes for different sharing apps, which is cool. It would be nice if there was a quality adjustment too. But anyway, this is a great solution to have.

Thanks!

doug

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
When you have some free time, poke around the Play Store and see if you can find a better one. I'm sure if you did and posted it others would appreciate it.
Glad this is sufficient.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What I'd really like is a option in the mail app (like in mail on the iPhone) where when you are clicking send you are given the option to scale down large image attachments - and told what the size of the mail you are sending will be for each choice. Maybe there is an alternative mail app that does this. I have not tried the included default mail app, other than the included Gmail app.

doug

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana