Rubber tip on pen not working

mtnsteve

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7 (2013) and have zero problems with it, till today.

I went to use the pen (rubber tip) that came with it because my hands were kinda dirty and it doesn't seem to work, at least very well. Tapping brings no response unless I really HIT it and swiping does nothing. If I use my finger everything works great.

I washed the tip and even tried roughing it up with an emery board but nothing helps. It worked perfectly when I first got it and it's only now that I noticed the issue. There are times when I would prefer to use the pen, especially for delicate work and for the life of me I can't figure why it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
went to use the pen (rubber tip) that came with it
What pen with rubber tip?

"What's in the box
Nexus 7 tablet
USB sync/charge cable
Dual-voltage USB wall charger
Quick start guide
Warranty/Safety Card"

mtnsteve

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
:p Good point, LOL.

I bought a cover that came with the pen in question. I have been using it since I got the tablet and forgot.
I'll check with the manufacturer but it still begs the question why it won't work now. Is anyone else using a "pen" for their Nexus?

Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know what I find out.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually I hate the rubber tip stylus that have to be used, it's like writing with an eraser taped to a crayon. I wish the pen that my wacom tablet worked.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually I hate the rubber tip stylus that have to be used, it's like writing with an eraser taped to a crayon. I wish the pen that my wacom tablet worked.

You should look up the adonit jot pro. It's pretty bomb for a capacitive stylus, if you're serious about using a pen with a tablet.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
This is the new style Wacom Bamboo solo stylus, sometimes you can get it on amazon for $10.99 and free shipping with Prime account. I have two (one for back up in case of loss - I did lose one while trimming the roses, but happily it was found! ) and I've ordered more for family. They also sell replacement nibs (the rubber tip). I bought my first one at Best Buy for $29.99 and even at that price with EVERY penny! They even come with lifetime warranty, but NOT for the nib part.
http://www.wacom.com/us/en/everyday/bamboo-stylus-solo

Posted via Android Central App

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had seen the wacom solo stylus on their web site but was thinking that it was "just another" soft rubber eraser type tip. I currently have two stylus pens, both just don't have a good feel to them, I may go on and get the wacom one and hope for the best.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You should look up the adonit jot pro. It's pretty bomb for a capacitive stylus, if you're serious about using a pen with a tablet.

Very nice! Too bad they aim it exclusively for the iPad and all the mentioned apps are for the iPad.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
:p Good point, LOL.

I bought a cover that came with the pen in question. I have been using it since I got the tablet and forgot.
I'll check with the manufacturer but it still begs the question why it won't work now. Is anyone else using a "pen" for their Nexus?

Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know what I find out.

I had both the I-Blason and the Moko covers. Both came with a stylus, and both styluses were awful. My N7 works fine with others, though. I ordered some slim ones from Amazon that fit in the holder nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

valmorel

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issues. Sad thing is, the 2012 N7 is just fine. Rarely use my 2013 now because of this . . .

Posted via Android Central App

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I went and purchased the Jot Pro (fine point/dampining tip) from Amazon... while the cap seems a bit on the cheap side, the pen/stylus itself seem to work really nice. I'm currently playing with Handrite, Anti-paper and Papyrus writing apps, anyone that has used these and have preferences for one over the other? Or prefer a different app for note taking? I like widgets so I can view the note without having to go full screen just for the current note I write. I wish there was a app/widget that would ypu to write to the widget.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I was thinking about getting that one, but I saw some awful reviews about it scratching screens. There are some pretty scary reviews on Amazon.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting that one, but I saw some awful reviews about it scratching screens. There are some pretty scary reviews on Amazon.

I've been using it for a month or more and no scratches. I would assume it could potentially leave a mark on a Zagg or some other screen protector, but it has not left a mark on my GG2 screen.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The covers for both my HTC One and N7 came with some cadmium-laced (I'm guessing) soft touch pen thingie from China (No, the case is only coated with lead dust)...Both soft-touch pens went directly into the trash.

Alyssa Mincey

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7 (2013) and have zero problems with it, till today.

I went to use the pen (rubber tip) that came with it because my hands were kinda dirty and it doesn't seem to work, at least very well. Tapping brings no response unless I really HIT it and swiping does nothing. If I use my finger everything works great.

I washed the tip and even tried roughing it up with an emery board but nothing helps. It worked perfectly when I first got it and it's only now that I noticed the issue. There are times when I would prefer to use the pen, especially for delicate work and for the life of me I can't figure why it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I put it up agimst a part of my body it kinda works try it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38