Electronic Hum at Low Volume

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed recently that my tablet will emit a low electronic hum whenever there is audio being played on the tablet . This happens with any audio being played on the tablet (independent of audio file or player) at all volumes and when the volume is completely muted, however it is most noticeable when at low volumes and when muted since there is no sound to overpower the hum. I was wondering if anyone else can see if this is something with all Nexus 7 2013 models or mine needs to be repaired by asus. This is quite annoying when trying to watch videos at low volumes. I purchased this day of launch if that matters at all. Thanks in advanced for the help.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I noticed recently that my tablet will emit a low electronic hum whenever there is audio being played on the tablet . This happens with any audio being played on the tablet (independent of audio file or player) at all volumes and when the volume is completely muted, however it is most noticeable when at low volumes and when muted since there is no sound to overpower the hum. I was wondering if anyone else can see if this is something with all Nexus 7 2013 models or mine needs to be repaired by asus. This is quite annoying when trying to watch videos at low volumes. I purchased this day of launch if that matters at all. Thanks in advanced for the help.

This is with the audio being played through the tablet's speakers? How about via headphones or bluetooth?

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The sound is is when no devices are being used for audio other than the tablet. The sound seems to be some kind of feedback from the speakers. it happens at all volume levels, including mute.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that doesn't sound normal. I'd do a reboot, and if it's still doing it, a factory reset. If it's still doing it, time to see about repair. Unless you're still in the return/exchange period for where you bought it, then I'd just exchange it if the factory reset doesn't work.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Mine does the same thing... i noticed the other day in bed while watching youbute at low volume....
To me, it doesn't bother me as much since most of the time I do not listen at very low volumes.....

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's been rebooted several times, I know it is not a software issue. It has to be hardware related.

Seeing that at least one other person has this issue puts me at ease (slightly) but I may just contact asus and have it repaired

bskousen

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think they're all doing it. It's a known issue at low volume and I believe it IS software-related that will be fixed in the next update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app