Have You Gotten KitKat 4.? Thread

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here still as well. I would have thought there is enough of a representative sample on this board that we'd see several users who got it.

Something just doesn't add up.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The article you linked to uses no more evidence than the author doesn't know anyone who has downloaded it... my guess is that the project had a target date, so they rolled it out to a few users so that they could declare success. :) I wouldn't doubt that they are still doing final testing and tweaking.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at this:

When 'Today' Really Means '3 Days from Now' (Or: Where's My @#!% Android KitKat Update?!?) | CIO Blogs

According to this article, the update has not, in fact, been released yet. WTF?

I've been thinking it probably didn't come out yet, myself. Nowhere in the press release from Google did it mention an OTA for the N7...It merely said (paraphrasing) starting today the N7 will be getting Kit Kat...Maybe they meant new factory versions and are starting to compile for an OTA.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to side load last night, but for some reason my N7 will not boot into recovery to save its life (I've done this with every other device I've ever owned, so I'm fairly certain it's the device and not me). Maybe I'll give Wugs a try - I liked it back in my Galaxy Nexus days, but I was hoping to not have to unlock and wipe my tablet.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Grover Mills, New Jersey reporting here. A huge, flaming object, believed to be a meteorite, fell on a farm outside of town.

Haha, drive past the pond on the way to work. No update yet. Have the GEL Launcher though, and running Nova Beta so when it gets here it gets here. Haven't bothered with the sideload bit, though eventually I will if it doesn't show up soon.

Posted from my Nexus 7 via Android Central App

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is getting a bit ridiculous that the update hasn't been pushed out yet.....the HTC one GPE is going to get kitkat before my nexus 7....

Posted via Android Central App

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at this:

When 'Today' Really Means '3 Days from Now' (Or: Where's My @#!% Android KitKat Update?!?) | CIO Blogs

According to this article, the update has not, in fact, been released yet. WTF?

If that were true then nobody would've been able to get the OTA update, even if it were only small numbers at the moment. My money is on that they don't want their servers to crash and burn by having millions of not tens of millions of devices trying to connect and update.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It's like rooting/flashing for dummies. Not calling you a dummy but I am just saying a dummy could use it. :)

Ha, it's all good. In fact I totally agree, as it was just as easy back when I used it on my GN. I just didn't want to wipe, and especially I think it's odd that my volume buttons won't seem to work in concert with the power button (I tried the alternate side-loading today where you have ADB reboot into recovery...which worked...but then when you have to use power and volume up it still wouldn't work). So it's more general frustration that I seem to have a problem with the hardware (or bootloader, not sure which) than anything.

Enjoy Kitkat!

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Three 2013 Nexus 7s, One 2013 LTE Nexus 7, Two 2012 Nexus 7s. Not a single update yet.
No time to sideload x6 devices. Sure would like to break of a piece of that Kit Kat though!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. I suggest that those participating in this thread take the opportunity to review the forum rules.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got N7 on Friday so I'm not too anxious for the update considering I've never used android before but I really love it and I'm excited but getur head in the game Google

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress