Finally upgraded to 5.0.1 but there's a problem

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
After not being the regular 5.0 update I finally got android L today. I accepted the update but after it was done I noticed that the app drawer and the app button aren't android L it's still on kit Kat but everything else looks different. Did something go wrong?

Posted via the Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
After not being the regular 5.0 update I finally got android L today. I accepted the update but after it was done I noticed that the app drawer and the app button aren't android L it's still on kit Kat but everything else looks different. Did something go wrong?

I think that's just how the nexus 7 is...mine is the same way after updating to 5.0. It isn't white right?

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Correct the app log is not white but also the app drawer isn't either it stayed the same. Also when I open up apps they don't have the new animation only when they close.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to download the Google launcher thing from the play store to get the update drawers

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I also did not get the 5.0 upgrade, but the 5.0.1 downloaded notice was on my Nexus 7 this morning, so I’m installing the system update now.

I don’t know the issue people here are discussing, but I’ll check out “the Google launcher thing” after the install is done.

doug

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I installed Google launcher and it did work thanks for the help I thought that was part of the update. One more question. Before when I would tap to open an app it would highlight now when I tap on it I get no indication or highlight around the app at all.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Searched for Google Launcher in the Play store and all that turned up were third party launchers. Is there a different name for it?

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for clarifying. I have the N7 2013 model, but the new app drawer or icons aren't showing up. Maybe I'll download the Now app and see if it makes a difference.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Google Now Launcher. Just to clarify, the reason is because N6 and N9 are the only devices that use that as the default launcher. Anything older has to install it from Play Store to see the new app drawer.

The nexus 5 come with it preinstalled as well.

Posted via Android Central App

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I dont believe the Nexus 7 line runs the Google Now launcher by default. My Nexus 7 2012 doesnt, I had to download it separately from the Play Store.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I think that's just how the nexus 7 is...mine is the same way after updating to 5.0. It isn't white right?

Install google now the stock launcher isn,t "lollipop themed" on any device and its themed on the new ones because they come with google now install that and enjoy :)