i changed the battery, no sign?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i finally changed it today. after i plug it in, i don't see the little light flashing or the sign of that white electricity symbol, but the charger seems to get warm.

or should i be worried? i got a new oem battery, not an old one.

i want to wait 8 hours until i press the power on button.

----------
2. if this thing is dead for good, can i just recycle it? or can any other people hack into my account in this tablet?

thanks.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its possible you did not connect everything back properly.
data port could have a short. main borad could have been damaged, new battery could be bad, connectors for display damaged or not connected.
The charger getting warm indicated its sending juice to the unit.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i have a voltage meter. it shows that it is being charged about 3.0 v, after one night, it is showing about 1.4 v.

when i had the old battery, no matter what chargers, cables that i use, it can hardly ever hold for about 1.0 for more than 2 minutes. after the new battery, it can be "charged" for 3.0 v for a long time even though i can't turn it on.

what does that mean?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well thats not good. The charger should be outputting 5 volts continuously. As current increases voltage can drop a slight bit but nothing that drastic.
Does the voltage read 5V prior to you connecting it?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
when i used the old battery, it was also being charged about 3.o v, but it only lasted for about one minute before it went back to 0 v again.

i have charged it for over 8 hours, this thing is still charging.

i guess that my tablet is gone for good. there is no hope.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
are you getting the voltage reading at the battery source or the input of the data port?
Battery voltage of 3v sounds about right for the battery but you should be measuring the current input at the data port source not the battery terminals. Voltage and current are two completely different things.
Its hard to measure current input at the battery source.

Theres a lot going on here.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't know how to measure that. it is 2017, i guess that it is time to move on. so i am returning the battery that i bought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget