Pixel 2 is pretty enticing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Makes sense.. I posted scarcely, and I think I may have changed my name. Hahah.

I loved the Nexus line, I switched cause I was kind of forced, but went to LG because it was almost the same as the Nexus 4. Then switched to T-Mobile and all I was interested in was the G2. And then fast forward to now. Haha

I may just drop the extra 100 to get more space. That's what would make sense toe so I won't have to worry.

I'm not sure which color I would get.. I haven't really looked too much into it to be honest. I'll probably case it anyway.

There's another advantage to the Pixel. It's being released with Oreo. Most other brand phones are starting with Nougat the rule of them for most seems to be a two version upgrade. Not sure if Google phones get more than two upgrades but it's still better starting out with Oreo. Of course if you get rid of your phone every year that might not be as beneficial.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There's another advantage to the Pixel. It's being released with Oreo. Most other brand phones are starting with Nougat the rule of them for most seems to be a two version upgrade. Not sure if Google phones get more than two upgrades but it's still better starting out with Oreo. Of course if you get rid of your phone every year that might not be as beneficial.
They're usually supported for 2 years or soemthing of that nature. 3 years for security updates. So anything released in that time frame you get.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That's what I kissed about having a nexus phone was the updates. The only thing is at times nexus was lacking in build compared to the competition. Pixel has already set itself apart in their first iteration.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's what I kissed about having a nexus phone was the updates. The only thing is at times nexus was lacking in build compared to the competition. Pixel has already set itself apart in their first iteration.

Yeah. When I was younger I didn't care as much but as I have gotten older and rely on my phone for a lot of things in day-to-day life the "Security" aspect has gone up. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I am getting the latest patches each month.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. When I was younger I didn't care as much but as I have gotten older and rely on my phone for a lot of things in day-to-day life the "Security" aspect has gone up. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I am getting the latest patches each month.

And interim bug fixes

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll be waiting for the Oct 4th announcement. I hope T-Mobile will carry it because I don't feel like buying an unlocked one.

You and some on the forum team feel the same. I recently swapped to Verizon (back in Feb) so I am pretty sure they will sell it again. I plan to just go through them to make life easier.

If T-Mobile doesn't carry it again you can use the Google Store finance route if you don't want to drop it all at once. That is what I did w/ the Pixel XL to get it when I had T-Mobile.

Also just FYI it will support all things on T-Mobile such as WiFi calling/VoLTE and such :).

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget last years Pixel deal from T-Mobile which shaved I think about $350 off the price of a pixel. You buy it from Google, apply for the promo on T-Mobile's website, use it on their network and get credits every month for so long, equaling a few hundred $.

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The major thing that's keeping me from wanting an XL 2 is the price. To have to pay about a hundred dollars more than I did for my S8+ for technically less features is kind of ridiculous, IMO. Especially since hardware-wise, it seems like the XL 2 will just be a V30 with far less features.

That being said, damn do I want pure Android.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Warming up to this idea despite loving my G6. If I do go 2XL, it's going to have to be at least a 2.5 year commitment.

Max storage, and Google insurance and hopefully some freebies at launch.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
The major thing that's keeping me from wanting an XL 2 is the price. To have to pay about a hundred dollars more than I did for my S8+ for technically less features is kind of ridiculous, IMO. Especially since hardware-wise, it seems like the XL 2 will just be a V30 with far less features.

That being said, damn do I want pure Android.

I think this is what the Pixels are all about - one of their main attractions - I couldn't see having anything else after the last year of bloat free/latest updates with the Pixels.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think this is what the Pixels are all about - one of their main attractions - I couldn't see having anything else after the last year of bloat free/latest updates with the Pixels.
My sentiments exactly.

I was the type of person that would go through multiple android flagships a year, from the Galaxy to LG to Xperia to the annual Nexus then rinse repeat the next year. However, after I got the Pixel XL last year, the experience for me was that great, that I didn't sell the Pixel to move to another phone this year at all. I'm not considering moving off the Pixel, only to the Pixel 2 XL.