Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Pre Order / Shipping Discussion

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
My pending charge feel of my cc today. Not overly concerned, just thought it was weird. Pre-ordered during the announcement with a ship date of Oct 17 so I figured it's been on there this long and the ship date is so close, just thought it'd stay on there.

Same here. I ordered it on the 4th and they charged my card immediately. Got an email about the Mini shortly after.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I've ordered the Kinda Blue Pixel 2 from Google store with a November dispatch date. But now I'm getting tempted to get the Clearly White instead to get an Oct. 17th dispatch date haha.

Gotta have patience!

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
My pending charge feel of my cc today. Not overly concerned, just thought it was weird. Pre-ordered during the announcement with a ship date of Oct 17 so I figured it's been on there this long and the ship date is so close, just thought it'd stay on there.

Since it is close to the shipping date - the charge may be in "transition" from "pending" to actual charge. I have seen this on my VISA at times. I've also had items in the house before the charge is an actual charge.

Last edited:

MikeC01

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I ordered two Pixel 2s the day after the announcement and had a shipping date of 10/17 for both. Earlier this week, I decided I might want an XL instead and put in an order for a black 64 XL and got a ship date of 10/30. Yesterday, my wife informed me she also wanted an XL. So, I ordered another black 64 XL and got a ship date of 10/29. Strange that an order put in two days later has a shipping date one day earlier.

I ordered from Verizon but no mention of the mini in email confirmation?

If they're handling this like they handled the free Daydream that they sent out with the original pixel last year, then several weeks after you receive your phone you will get an email with a code that will allow you to order the mini from the Google Store for free.

NoVATechChick

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered on the 4th, 64 gb XL in black, ship date of the 25th. Decided to get 128 instead, placed a new order today with a ship date of the 22nd. Not sure why the date jumped by three days!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Pixel 2 XL as a guest since I didn’t want to use the card associated with my Google Play account. Is there any way to check the expiration of the card I used? I have the order details, but it only tells me the last 4 of the card, which did not change.

I know I received a new card because my current one was expiring right around the 4th. Silly me, I can’t remember if I used the old one and then activated the new one after, or if I activated before I used it.

I just wanna make sure I don’t find out on the day it’s supposed to ship that the Card info was bad. Haha.

One more question, say I tried to order with the expired card, would it get kicked back like normal, or is it different because it is a preorder?

Thanks!

kaze022

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
I bought the Pixel 2 XL as a guest since I didn’t want to use the card associated with my Google Play account. Is there any way to check the expiration of the card I used? I have the order details, but it only tells me the last 4 of the card, which did not change.

I know I received a new card because my current one was expiring right around the 4th. Silly me, I can’t remember if I used the old one and then activated the new one after, or if I activated before I used it.

I just wanna make sure I don’t find out on the day it’s supposed to ship that the Card info was bad. Haha.

One more question, say I tried to order with the expired card, would it get kicked back like normal, or is it different because it is a preorder?

Thanks!

I think no way google would let you order anything with an expired card even if it's a preorder
but to make sure everything is good, contact your bank or check your online banking or your bank app
if you can see an authorization hold from google store for the full amount of the order
then you're good...

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Your bank or credit union should be able to tell you which card you used. If the charge was placed on the card you recently replaced it should still go through as you did the authorization before activating the new card.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it is close to the shipping date - the charge may be in "transition" from "pending" to actual charge. I have seen this on my VISA at times. I've also had items in the house before the charge is an actual charge.

Thanks, hopefully this is the case, esp the last one!

bizziet

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a black Pixel XL 2 with 128gb on October 4th. I got a ship date of October 24th and delivery October 27-30. I just now looked and the same configuration says "ships by October 22nd". Does this mean my original will ship earlier or should I cancel and just re-order to get an earlier ship/delivery date?? Makes no sense at all.

jdcipher12

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
I ordered a black Pixel XL 2 with 128gb on October 4th. I got a ship date of October 24th and delivery October 27-30. I just now looked and the same configuration says "ships by October 22nd". Does this mean my original will ship earlier or should I cancel and just re-order to get an earlier ship/delivery date?? Makes no sense at all.

Similar to my situation...I ordered a pixel 2 (white 64 GB) on 10/4, says it will ship 11/13, but now they say shipping on 10/22. Wondering the same thing, should i cancel and just re-order? Are they really that stupid that they wouldn't fulfill orders in the order they were received?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Most likely they provided an initial estimate when people ordered earlier but now new orders have a different estimate but they don’t update the original orders dates.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That's what happened to me last year. My order was supposed to arrive November 23 to 25, but they were able to ship it earlier so I got it on the 8th of November.