How many have canceled pre-orders for the Pixel 2 XL?

Have you canceled your Pixel 2 XL pre-order?

• Total voters

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just curious on what the numbers are specifically for the Pixel 2 XL. How many of you canceled your pre-order because of any issues that have come up in the reviews so far?

enderhexfyre

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Did it ever occur to anyone that phone reviewers might not be completely unbiased... I honestly don't know why anyone would cancel an unreleased phone. Just try it lol. If you don't like you can return.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled one of my three pre-orders because I bought two in person yesterday. Had nothing to do with the "issues". None of the 2 XL's I have seen in person (my test unit that I used for two months, the three I've seen in stores and the two I bought so far) have had any defects.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I almost did, went to a couple of Verizon stores and the display models looked bad. But I decided to wait until mine comes and decide on my own with that unit.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK... I don't have a 2 XL.... but I DO have a V30. In the time I've played with it, there is absolutely nothing with the screen I have come across that would even remotely have me consider returning it. And since I do not have magic display-mending powers, I can only assume that mine if performing on par with the designed specs. Now, there might be some that go out with problems with the screen... I've seen some color blotches, etc. But exchange it if that's the case because you have a defective unit.

But to cancel an order, sight-unseen? I'm sorry, that's downright foolish.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I did when people started reporting on the displays in the Verizon store. I was more concerned with the washed out colors than the blue tint. I tried the sRGB setting on m Pixel XL and hated it. Also, I started to look at that curved screen and didn't like how it met the sides. So I cancelled and ordered the 2. It should be here the 24th which is when the Black 2XL 64 was going to be here. Only problem was, I had ordered some cases for the 2XL that I'm stuck with now.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I did when people started reporting on the displays in the Verizon store. I was more concerned with the washed out colors than the blue tint. I tried the sRGB setting on m Pixel XL and hated it. Also, I started to look at that curved screen and didn't like how it met the sides. So I cancelled and ordered the 2. It should be here the 24th which is when the Black 2XL 64 was going to be here. Only problem was, I had ordered some cases for the 2XL that I'm stuck with now.

Can you return the 2 XL cases?

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I did the next day I place the order. I order two hours before it was announced, I got my Note 8 unlock with the stand wireless charger and 256GB sd card. I got $300 off , trade in my LG G4. Really great deal

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'm very happy but want the so if people freak and cancel, hopefully my ship date happens before the return period for back expires. It's a keeper irrespective of color to me, as mentioned in other threads this is one hell of a device with the caveat that it doesn't have the best display but that's fine with me since the display is not crap and unusable like some have made it. As Jerry pointed out in his article today you are buying the Pixel for software experience. If you want the best hardware and good software then Note 8. If you want best software and good screen then Pixel 2 XL.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There is absolutely no need to cancel unless you weren't really all in to begin with or don't like to return things

TornadoRed

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I did cancel my pre-order. The idea of a "panel lottery" on a $850 device makes me angry. I'm on my third 5X because of bootloop issues, so I'm familiar with LG's quality control. The "washed out" colors wouldn't bother me at all - I'd prefer more accurate color to the "vivid" stuff we've become accustomed to. But the other issues like blue tint and graininess probably would annoy me. I will probably still get one, but only if all these negative reviews turn out to be anomalies. Yes, I could just try it out. But why should I be a guinea pig? Get it right from the beginning, Google.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I did cancel my pre-order. The idea of a "panel lottery" on a $850 device makes me angry. I'm on my third 5X because of bootloop issues, so I'm familiar with LG's quality control. The "washed out" colors wouldn't bother me at all - I'd prefer more accurate color to the "vivid" stuff we've become accustomed to. But the other issues like blue tint and graininess probably would annoy me. I will probably still get one, but only if all these negative reviews turn out to be anomalies. Yes, I could just try it out. But why should I be a guinea pig? Get it right from the beginning, Google.

All I can tell you is that I'm 2 for 2 on perfect displays that I've seen in stores.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
There is absolutely no need to cancel unless you weren't really all in to begin with or don't like to return things

Only reason I cancelled instead of waiting and then returning it, was because I wasn't sure how that would effect the Trade In I'm doing of my OG PXL.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't they give a specified amount of days to send it in?

Yes, but I also wan't sure it would allow me to purchase again, and use the Trade In option or if I'd get the 2nd one before the trade-in was expected back from the previous purchase. My son got his Pixel 2 yesterday and thinks I'll be happy with my choice to change my order from the 2XL to the 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87