Pixel 2 XL Battery Stats Questions

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering about a couple of performance parameters for the Pixel 2 XL battery. I'm not sure if the stock battery app will be able to tell you this or not. I know if you have GSam battery app it will show this, but here goes:

1. What is your average Delta % change in battery charge per hour? With GSam battery app this is easily known as it is a stat they show on the screen. Otherwise it can be calculated if you know the starting charge level, the ending charge level and the number of hours and minutes the phone was used.

2. How much percent of battery charge do you lose with the phone resting? This can be calculated most easily by observing how much charge the phone loses overnight, when it is not in use.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My phone charger has gone on the fritz and Ihave found a couple times that it did not charge over night. I have a nite clock app that displays a dim red clock on the screen. Even given that, I would be suprised if it drained much more than 1% an hour. Crazy. Great idle drain if you ask me.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone charger has gone on the fritz and Ihave found a couple times that it did not charge over night. I have a nite clock app that displays a dim red clock on the screen. Even given that, I would be suprised if it drained much more than 1% an hour. Crazy. Great idle drain if you ask me.

Thanks for the input. IIRC, my Droid Turbo would lose about 1% per hour at rest, maybe 1.5% on the high end. It has a 3,900 mAh battery.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I awoke last night at 12:15 AM and, since my Pixel 2 XL battery was fully charged at 100%, I disconnected the charge cable. I read a couple of quick news articles, checked my inbox, and then put the phone down and went back to sleep.

This is what it looked like 5 hours and 59 minutes after removing the charge cable:

Screenshot_20171104-061703.jpgScreenshot_20171104-061711.jpg

I would call that pretty darned good. :)

Kurt Roth

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I just started having the same issue with the charger. It won't charge overnight. It charges fine in the car. I figure it must be the charger.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I awoke last night at 12:15 AM and, since my Pixel 2 XL battery was fully charged at 100%, I disconnected the charge cable. I read a couple of quick news articles, checked my inbox, and then put the phone down and went back to sleep.

I would call that pretty darned good. :)

So, 0.5% per hour. I would call that awesome!

Thank you for posting this. Exactly what I was looking for.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 2 XL now for two days. I had been using GSam battery app on my previous devices, but now with Oreo it no longer gives me detailed battery usage statistics. There's a workaround available whereby you load a program on your PC, hook up your phone and the program gives permissions to Oreo on your phone to enable GSam to give you detailed usage stats. Frankly, I'm a bit leery of doing that. Should I be leery?

Otherwise, what battery app is everyone using for their Pixel 2? Going with stock or third party?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 2 XL now for two days. I had been using GSam battery app on my previous devices, but now with Oreo it no longer gives me detailed battery usage statistics. There's a workaround available whereby you load a program on your PC, hook up your phone and the program gives permissions to Oreo on your phone to enable GSam to give you detailed usage stats. Frankly, I'm a bit leery of doing that. Should I be leery?

Otherwise, what battery app is everyone using for their Pixel 2? Going with stock or third party?
I am going to try to go with stock for now.

I did that procedure on GSam last week for my Moto X Pure. It lost that permission with the Nougat update that the Moto FINALLY got.

Seemed like no big deal to me. You basically typed in a command to set that permission. Nothing nefarious about it. I wouldn't be worries about it if you want to use it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try to go with stock for now.

I did that procedure on GSam last week for my Moto X Pure. It lost that permission with the Nougat update that the Moto FINALLY got.

Seemed like no big deal to me. You basically typed in a command to set that permission. Nothing nefarious about it. I wouldn't be worries about it if you want to use it.
Thanks for the info. Turns out I can't do it until I get a USB-C cable that will plug into a USB port on my PC. Ordered one last night.