Gmail not syncing

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

All of a sudden, my Gmail on my Pixel 2 XL does not update automatically. I have to go into the actual app (and sometimes pull down to refresh) just to get my new Gmail messages. Is this happening to anyone else? Best I can tell is this started after the November security update, though I don't think they're related.

I made sure Gmail is checked in the Account sync options, checked all the Gmail settings, etc. Any ideas?

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. Did you clear the cache and data under the Google Framework Services trying to push the update through that another thread has suggested? I did that and wasn't sure if it was doing that that broke the Gmail Auto Sync or the November update. Some have said a Factory Data Reset fixed it for them but I ended up downloading Blue Mail and linked both my work and personal Gmail to it and it was been working flawlessly.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. Did you clear the cache and data under the Google Framework Services trying to push the update through that another thread has suggested? I did that and wasn't sure if it was doing that that broke the Gmail Auto Sync or the November update. Some have said a Factory Data Reset fixed it for them but I ended up downloading Blue Mail and linked both my work and personal Gmail to it and it was been working flawlessly.

BlueMail is better in every way anyhow

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I did do the Google Framework workaround. Oops lol well I'll hold out a little longer to see if it fixes itself.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. I also did the Google framework truck to update, but I know I had the issue before that. I've been hoping for a fix or good alternative for my work email so I will try what y'all suggested and hope that works.