How do you manage Contacts on your new Pixel?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you just use your Google account and default contacts app, contacts on device only, or some other app and/or remote contact mgmt?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Fruux with stock contacts app. Google likely has everyone's info but I prefer to not explicitly hand it over. Fruux support is great too.

For adding contacts Abbyy business card reader pro is great.

For vcards as a Google voice user I'm angry at Google because they can't handle vcards attachments in GV app. Hangouts used to do that fine.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google contacts app, works great and personally don't see needing to share my contacts with any other third party app when Google app works very well.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Stock Google contacts. It just works. You can also better manage and merge contacts on the desktop page at contacts.google.com

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sync to Google. Done and done. Any phone I go to sets all my contacts backup and my favorites.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is one of those things that shouldn't require any thinking. If you're on iOS or Android, Google Contacts should be syncing your contacts in just about every circumstance.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with thinking. About a dozen or so Android devices, I've done OK having never sync'd contacts w/Google.

With my new Pixel, I've decided to explore alternatives for just about everything. Fruux looks interesting.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with thinking. About a dozen or so Android devices, I've done OK having never sync'd contacts w/Google.

With my new Pixel, I've decided to explore alternatives for just about everything. Fruux looks interesting.

If it ain't broke....

But you go ahead and do whatever you want.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Google and contacts app, though I have toyed with using the Outlook app for both work and personal accounts including contacts, but somehow my personal and business contacts got hopelessly merged--what a mess! Not worth it to ever deal with that again, so I use the Outlook app strictly for business email, contacts and calendar, and Google for my personal stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez