Swiping - Post 8.1 Update

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I do notice that my battery will "straighten up" a little after I do a restart.

I haven't really changed anything on my phone since I got it. No new apps. Only change has been upgrading to 8.1. My battery change is not really significant, just has been noticeable since the last update. I still make it through a day with an overnight charge, just not as much juice left at the end of the day. Main difference I've seen in screen response has been while swiping to answer a call. All else seems fine.

Not near enough issues to make me even consider switching phones. Just small differences I've noticed since 8.1. Still an awesome phone!

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes swiping has been problematic from 8.0. If 8.1 made it worse it wasn't by much. It seems to me if I swipe up too far when answering the phone the swipe gets cancelled. If I swipe up just a bit and let go it works better. I really prefer having the buttons to just answer or decline calls.

Fingerprint unlock is very fast for me. Dunno why that would be slow for some. Maybe redo your fingerprints?

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes swiping has been problematic from 8.0. If 8.1 made it worse it wasn't by much. It seems to me if I swipe up too far when answering the phone the swipe gets cancelled. If I swipe up just a bit and let go it works better. I really prefer having the buttons to just answer or decline calls.

Fingerprint unlock is very fast for me. Dunno why that would be slow for some. Maybe redo your fingerprints?

I agree with answer and decline buttons for calls. FPS has been pretty flawless for me also. No complaints there.

goofballtech

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
i know this is a Pixel 2 forum but just wanted to throw out there that i have Pixel XL and upgraded from N to 8.1 this week and this swipe up multiple times when answering calls is driving me insane. Worked great last week so it's not necessarily hardware specific to the 2. FWIW......

bigrobi24

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues answering calls but ignoring calls took some effort. I kept swiping down and it would not ignore. The icon placement is so close to the bottom of the phone that I couldn't tell if it was a bug with swiping or if it was incorrectly placed with not enough swiping distance. It did work on the second phone call that I tried it on, but I have only tried on those 2 calls so far.

scorpiori

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
I don't know why, but it got much worse past week, especially swiping notification shade from lockscreen.
Sometimes it takes about 5 or 6 times to pull down until it works 😡
(p2 8.1)
Really annoying! hope google will fix this stupid issue.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
What model Pixel are you guys using?
I have a Pixel 2 XL 128
Android version 8.1.0
Security patch level: January 5, 2018
No screen protector used.
My swiping the notification shade never fails.
In fact the swiping motion, both up and down, works like it should everywhere.
Are you using a screen protector?
Is your screen clean?

Rob Moruzzi

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced the same swiping issues. I just did a factory reset after calling Google support. So far, it seems to have fixed the problem.

scorpiori

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
What model Pixel are you guys using?
I have a Pixel 2 XL 128
Android version 8.1.0
Security patch level: January 5, 2018
No screen protector used.
My swiping the notification shade never fails.
In fact the swiping motion, both up and down, works like it should everywhere.
Are you using a screen protector?
Is your screen clean?

No screen protector, screen always clean..
Still, swiping from lockscreen became a nightmare.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector, screen always clean..
Still, swiping from lockscreen became a nightmare.

If you contact Google, they will ask you to do a "factory reset" to eliminate any rogue app interference.
If it were mine, I would do a factory reset before even calling them.
If that doesn't solve the problem, Google should send you a replacement.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and it is becoming increasingly annoying. I'm going to try a factory reset after the next security patch and see if it clears up. I just tried to unlock the phone and it took six swipes to do it.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me when I swipe to the google feed! sometimes I have to swipe 3 times until it finally switches the page, extremely annoying!! I hope they fix it soon.

scorpiori

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
February security update is out and fixing the swipe issue is not on the list from what I've seen..
I hope it's a silent fix 😄

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received the February patch yet. For anybody that has, does the patch fix the swiping issue? I know that it is not listed in update description, but I am hopeful that it was fixed nonetheless as it makes using the phone very difficult. Thanks.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
After using the phone since last night and updating to February patch I can say for me the swiping is fixed. Used to have to swipe all the way up on the lock screen and now it's like 1/4 at the most.