Screen Mirroring to Smart TV

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a Samsung SmartTV, 2014 model and the only way I can mirror anything from my P2XL is by using Samsung SmartView, and then I can only share pics, saved videos and music.

My son and daughter have Moto phones and they can cast anything to the TV with no issues.

Is Google working on addressing this issue on the P2?

I've tried a few different MiraCast apps with no luck

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions, besides buying a Chromecast...

Rick

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a Samsung SmartTV, 2014 model and the only way I can mirror anything from my P2XL is by using Samsung SmartView, and then I can only share pics, saved videos and music.

My son and daughter have Moto phones and they can cast anything to the TV with no issues.

Is Google working on addressing this issue on the P2?

I've tried a few different MiraCast apps with no luck

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions, besides buying a Chromecast...

Rick
Waiting for a solution as well.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-2-pixel-2-xl/854896-screen-mirroring-casting.html

Searching Google Play for "Screen Mirroring" shows lots of apps but they don't have great ratings. Most say they've had 5 million downloads or 10 million downloads. I doubt that. I'm reluctant to try them.

What apps have you tried? Will save me some time if I start experimenting.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I read that link as well

Anything that uses MiaCast hasn't worked for me as it seems to open the Cast feature on the P2 and no devices are found

Sure hope Google addresses this real soon

Rick

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This does not work on my LG TV either. Alternative solution - Chromecast. When I pick to cast my screen, both of my Chromecasts (one Audio, one full) show up as cast points.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Probably no chance that you'll get casting how you'd like to. Google would rather push you to their own Chromecast.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand Google quietly removed Miracast from Android. So it looks like you will have to buy a Chromecast to do screen mirroring. All hail our mighty corporate overlord and their wonderful products. </sarcasm>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer