Problems with earphone jack dongle and Pixel 2

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Has anyone else experienced issues with using the OEM dongle with their pixel 2?
Most of the time, sound does not play through the earphones, other times it just freezes my phone.
The only solution is to reboot the phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced issues with using the OEM dongle with their pixel 2?
Most of the time, sound does not play through the earphones, other times it just freezes my phone.
The only solution is to reboot the phone.

I have not experienced what you describe. Occasionally I have issues with the dongle where it doesn't play but taking it out and reconnecting sometimes fixes it or at worst a restart.

RustyFJ

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem. I connect the headphones and press play but the music comes through my phone speakers. I've sometimes have to disconnect and reconnect several times for it to work. It's irritating enough for me to start looking for Bluetooth headphones.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be an individual thing - I've never had the problem. (Contact Google for a replacement if it happens - the phone is still under warranty, so is the dongle.)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There was another thread about someone having a problem with the dongle causing the phone to restart. And a different one about not hearing sound in the headphones but from the speakers instead - sounded like that was likely not plugging the headphones into the dongle hard enough.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I also ordered dongles from HTC. Haven't had an issue yet with it but too soon to tell. The sound signature is different too. A bit fuller