Does the Pixel 2 have Bluetooth Issues?

lnel24

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
I had multiple iPhones connected to my Toyota RAV4 and never had an issue with Bluetooth phone calls. Since I bought my Pixel 2, I have to use the speaker phone because it is nearly impossible to hear the person I am talking to. When I switch from BlueTooth to speaker, the quality is fine, so it isn't the connection to the other caller. I can play music via BlueTooth, so the connection to the car also seems to be fine.

Any Suggestions?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Some people have issues with various cars. With my 2017 F150 and my BT headset I use at work I have had no issues. I use my BT headset at work all day and use the BT in the truck every time I drive.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Some people have issues with various cars. With my 2017 F150 and my BT headset I use at work I have had no issues. I use my BT headset at work all day and use the BT in the truck every time I drive.
This. In my 2010 Cobalt (am Bluetooth) I have 0 issues, my 2011 infiniti? Issues, my 2016 infiniti? 0 issues.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Call and music have separate attributes. It sounds like you need to turn call volume to max. I use a program called "Bluetooth Volume Control" to remember Bluetooth volume by device.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I had multiple iPhones connected to my Toyota RAV4 and never had an issue with Bluetooth phone calls. Since I bought my Pixel 2, I have to use the speaker phone because it is nearly impossible to hear the person I am talking to. When I switch from BlueTooth to speaker, the quality is fine, so it isn't the connection to the other caller. I can play music via BlueTooth, so the connection to the car also seems to be fine.

Any Suggestions?
Yes and yes on multiple levels , Google's big fail on the pixel 2
The main reason I no longer own this phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Any Suggestions?

No issues with Bluetooth. I thought I had an issue with my watch but it was a simple setting.

mtbmike24

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
Zero issues hooks up to all the Bluetooth head phones I have. My helmet Bluetooth my command center in my truck a wireless jbl speaker and a old black berry gateway I have in my other vehicle. Pretty much flawless. Have had my 2xl since October. It even works great with my Microsoft band 2 . Notifications, responding to text and syncing everything works as it should. It also works great with my windows 10 pc receiving and responding to texts. Those having issues I don't know what's going on but I think I have pretty much put the Bluetooth through it's paces and so far so good.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Zero Bluetooth issues here.
I have a Pixel 2 XL 128.
Works with my Sony HW100XM2 wireless headphones.
Works with my car Garmin GPS for wireless hands free calling.
Works with my wireless Omron Blood Pressure device.
Works with my wireless HP LaserJet Pro M402dw printer.
Works with my wireless Canon InkJet printer.
Works with my Chromecast on several TV's.
Works with my Chromecast Audio stereo speakers.
Works with my Windows 10 PC.
All the above sync and work flawlessly just as they should.

markryb

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Haven't experienced any issues with Bluetooth.. Pixel 2 XL
Works with my 2016 Jeep
Works with my Bose wireless headphones
Works with my Microsoft Band 2 ( yes I have one , only use it for Messaging though..works fine)
Works with Chromecast
Syncs properly with all devices

anon(8708013)

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 XL with no bluetooth issues here either. Works with all of my bluetooth headsets, and it also paired with the rental car we had this week with no issue (2017 Dodge Caravan).

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I have issues when my pixel 2 xl is connected with my Huawei watch 2. If I have the phone function turned on through Bluetooth settings (to receive or make calls through the watch it's self) it randomly connects to my watch when I try and make a call with my phone. The weird thing is you won't hear audio from the watch or the phone until I turn on phone or speaker phone option in the call progress screen.
Very annoying. Tried reset of watch and Bluetooth seems on phone. No luck, so I just keep the phone function off on my watch and have no issues at all.

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes. There is a known issue with Bluetooth and the Pixel 2/XL and Android Wear. When Enabling "Play phone voice call on watch" is enabled it causes phone apps to lag for 10+ seconds and results in no audio/mic. This is supposed to be fixed on internal builds and is in testing phase for a future release. I have this issue on my Pixel 2 XL when connected to my Huawei Watch 2 Sport. I am unable to use the "Play Voice Call on Watch" feature since when it is enabled and I answer a call on the phone there is a long 10+ second delay where neither party can hear each other. The person on the phone hangs up thinking no one is there. The answer call feature on my Android Wear is basically useless until this gets fixed.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Works with my wireless Omron Blood Pressure device.
Are you happy with that device? Does it seem accurate compared to readings you get at the doctor?
I had a Qardio blood pressure monitor that I gave to one of my daughters and I should probably replace it.

JohnDuh

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My Pixel 2 has been rock solid with my Honda Fit, Ford C-Max, Zolo Liberty+ earbuds and various bluetooth speakers around the house. It could almost change your mind about bluetooth reliability.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
BT has been fine for me (Pixel 2 XL) on both my Kia Optima SX and Acura MDX. Beyond that, it works with my Bragi The Headphones, OontZ Angle 3 portable speaker, Garmix Fenix 3 HR, 2011 and 2013 MacBook Pro and Air respectively, and my smart TV.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any problems connecting to my 2016 Chrysler 300C or any of my devices, including my blue tooth enabled scale (that I should probably step on more often, but I haven't liked the number this winter).

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes. There is a known issue with Bluetooth and the Pixel 2/XL and Android Wear. When Enabling "Play phone voice call on watch" is enabled it causes phone apps to lag for 10+ seconds and results in no audio/mic. This is supposed to be fixed on internal builds and is in testing phase for a future release. I have this issue on my Pixel 2 XL when connected to my Huawei Watch 2 Sport. I am unable to use the "Play Voice Call on Watch" feature since when it is enabled and I answer a call on the phone there is a long 10+ second delay where neither party can hear each other. The person on the phone hangs up thinking no one is there. The call answer call feature on my Android Wear basically useless until this gets fixed.
Well said and yes this is a serious issue, after all it is a phone and we want to make calls , I wish the few could get over saying everything is fine.
There is multiple threads on this forum for Bluetooth issues

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have my Pixel 2 paired with six BT devices, seven if you count my LG Watch Style and the only one that gives me intermittent and minor problems is my '17 VW GTI. Assistant voice output is spotty, sometimes my device won't autopair when I start my car or sometimes it will apparently pair but I'm unable to play audio over BT. I've only taken a few calls in my car and those have worked well.

Bluetooth performance is a 9/10 for the Pixel 2.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you happy with that device? Does it seem accurate compared to readings you get at the doctor?
I had a Qardio blood pressure monitor that I gave to one of my daughters and I should probably replace it.

Yes, I'm very pleased with my Bluetooth Omron Blood Pressure Monitor. I have the Omron model BP786N and it works flawlessly. Get the Caseling case for it too. Here's the Omron app that makes the Bluetooth connection: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omron.wellness

When I first got it I took it with me to my physical and compared it to their readings. It was spot on.