Does the Pixel 2 have Bluetooth Issues?

lnel24

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Certainly appreciate all the feedback, but I am not having connectivity issues to devices, I can still play music via Bluetooth in my car.

This is specific to phone calls over Bluetooth.

Meathooks

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Haven't noticed issues with Bluetooth on my Pixel 2, but surprised Android Central hasn't caught on to the massive issue with the removal of the headphone adapter and replacement USB-C. Just look on the official Google Forums. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/-p-F-7Rgtak. Someone should be roasting Google over the removal and the botching of being able to properly use via the dongle. It was a controversial move, has created a lot of media noise, and unlike Apple where it at least works...its broken since launch on Googles flagship.

scott1jb

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My Pixel 2, and Pixel before it, have made me hate Bluetooth. I have problems all the time. My car is the worst (2011 Acura TSX). I also connect to various speakers and headsets. Problems usually are it either won't connect to the device I'm trying to use or it will connect for phone only, no media. I have to reboot the phone to fix it.

fklein68

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Only problem I have is with my Mercedes ML350 (2010). Phone cuts out and is basically inoperable since I can't trust it to work. No issues with my 2011 Audi A4 however. Also no issues connecting to Bose Sports Buds, Sony MDR-1000X headphones, Polar M-600 watch (Android Wear), Pixelbook

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The main problem I've had with the Pixel 2 XL has been Bluetooth reliability. For one, I had to open developer mode and drop the Bluetoth AVRCP Version from 1.4 to 1.3, just to get my UConnect in my Jeep to show Podcast or music track information. Also, about 40% of the time, if another notification comes in while streaming Bluetooth on my UConnect, it would show that the podcast/track was still playing but no audio. Often, this would be fixed by disconnecting the phone from UConnect and reconnecting but I would encounter times where a phone reboot or a car stop/start was needed. Not sure if this is a result of dropping down to 1.3 or not. Also, my Bose SoundLink Resolve will sometimes take 2-3 attempts to connect to my Pixel. Bluetooth has been the biggest headache with my Pixel 2 XL. Never had these problems on the Note 8.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My young nephew got in my 1998 Nissan Frontier and asked where the USB port was. He was amazed that cars didn't always have them.

jackie_trove

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
Of course we've had issues with Bluetooth, look at the forums on Google for the pixel 2, I wish I had seen them before I bought one of these phones. Pixel 2 received nothing but Praise in the bought and paid for media reviews, but in reality it's a nightmare with apps crashing all the time and non-stop Bluetooth issues. I have a ram connect system and the phone's Bluetooth is a disaster. Anytime I switch Audio Apps or just switch audio to the background, I lose Bluetooth connection. I constantly lose Bluetooth connection to my vehicle and cannot use Google Assistant through the car often Times

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Blue Tooth is one of the main aspects of a phone these days and it's important that it works on multiple levels, why Google hasn't addressed this yet I'm unsure.
Other than the camera there's really nothing I miss from my pixel 2, other everyday functions were more important to me

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Not experiencing any Bluetooth issues at all. Car, watch and other Bluetooth accessories are working.
A phone setting on my watch to disable calls....my phone wouldn't allow me hear calls on the phone when I tried to answer on the phone.

Your replys conflict each other you reported a issue that was corrected by turning off phone functionality on your watch so there is a issue

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes. There is a known issue with Bluetooth and the Pixel 2/XL and Android Wear. When Enabling "Play phone voice call on watch" is enabled it causes phone apps to lag for 10+ seconds and results in no audio/mic. This is supposed to be fixed on internal builds and is in testing phase for a future release. I have this issue on my Pixel 2 XL when connected to my Huawei Watch 2 Sport. I am unable to use the "Play Voice Call on Watch" feature since when it is enabled and I answer a call on the phone there is a long 10+ second delay where neither party can hear each other. The person on the phone hangs up thinking no one is there. The answer call feature on my Android Wear is basically useless until this gets fixed.
Thank you! A very good description of the problem. I finally turned off phone call notifications all together. I do get a missed call or voicemail notification.

This is irritating. I would like to get an incoming call alert and vibrate but I really don't want to answer it from the watch.

I look forward to this being fixed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
A phone setting on my watch to disable calls....my phone wouldn't allow me hear calls on the phone when I tried to answer on the phone.

Your replys conflict each other you reported a issue that was corrected by turning off phone functionality on your watch so there is a issue

No...when I changed my watch settings it corrected my problem. My phone and watch work fine now

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced a rather unique issue, but it is one that is likely isolated to me.

I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset with a base unit that connects to my desk phone (the headset multi-pairs so I can use it to pick up either my desk phone or my cell phone by just pressing the button on the headset). If I take a call on my cell phone and move to the fringe of the range of the base unit connected to my desk phone I've actually had the entire call on my cell phone drop, this happened several times so I know it's not an isolated incident. Standing in the same location with the headset off has resulted in lengthy, uninterrupted, conversations. Move entirely out of range of the base station within the same building - no issues. Stay within good range of the base unit - no issues.

kjmoreno

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I was having this issue previously. When I open the sound settings, I was able to adjust the volume for the media output. My media volume was down virtually all the way. It seems that has fixed that issue for me.

Although, I'm not sure if I'll have to change the settings each time I use a Bluetooth source. For example, after I get out of my car, the volume on my (new) headphones is the "normal" volume. I haven't noticed if the phone remembers the volume setting for a specific Bluetooth device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87