Smart lock no longer keeping phone unlocked

DigbyTheDog

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I have smart lock turned on for keeping my phone unlocked when at home but it often doesn't stay unlocked anymore. It was working great until recently. I even deleted and reactivated the home location and also added the GPS coordinates. Is there something else I should try?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I gather that you're doing this based on location as opposed to connection to a WiFi network?
Does it work in Safe mode?
No ideas about what might have changed around the time it stopped working?

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having same issue, worked great for a while, but stopped working I have the area around my home set to unlocked, but still need to fingerprint unlock now...

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I just started having the same problem myself! Added to that, my computer quit it's bluetooth connection to the phone, and I can't reestablish it, and I never have been able to register my fingerprint on the phone, as mature (old) skin fingerprints are hard to read. I even activated the facial recognition feature, but I still have to enter my pin half the time when I'm at home. It's rather frustrating!

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The work around for this bug is to go to the trusted places screen. Select your "trusted place" then edit and move the location of the pin just a fraction over. Save and profit!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Whoops, may have spoken to soon. Not working again. Maybe I didn't move the pin far enough.
It's tied to GPS right and not the wifi system?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems like it uses wifi ?? Obviously can't get satellite indoors.
If by satellite you mean GPS the pixel really shines in that regard. I get nearly instant location when using maps inside. I saw no option to select wifi as the locator source but thought I had heard there was one which is why I was asking. I actually have my address as one location and map coordinates as another. Installed the coordinates after starting to have iffy results with it Figured one would work if not both. Sometimes it works and sometimes not but it has been hit/miss this way for several months not just since the last update. Not that big a deal.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If by satellite you mean GPS the pixel really shines in that regard. I get nearly instant location when using maps inside. I saw no option to select wifi as the locator source but thought I had heard there was one which is why I was asking. I actually have my address as one location and map coordinates as another. Installed the coordinates after starting to have iffy results with it Figured one would work if not both. Sometimes it works and sometimes not but it has been hit/miss this way for several months not just since the last update. Not that big a deal.

You can get GPS satellite indoors

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For trusted places I have two entries:
1. Home address (from Google Maps)
2. Map Coordinates (also from Google Maps)
It seems if one doesn't work, the other should?
Anyway "Trusted Places" seems to be currently working for me.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This just started happening to me too on the Pixel XL 1. I have different areas around where I live saved and it shows me in the correct spot but phone still locks. I wish it could be by WiFi as well.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I wish it could be by WiFi as well.
I don't understand why there is no option to keep your device unlocked based upon wifi network.
Funny, I just always assumed that since you could keep it unlocked when using a Bluetooth connection that it also supported keeping it unlocked when connected to a specific Wi-Fi network - go figure. Apparently that makes too much sense.
Short term possibility is to connect to a Bluetooth device at home but then turn off all of the audio profiles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress