Still loving my Pixel 2

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just the perfect size for me; it's light and I put a very thin case on it with a wireless charging adapter. Screen is beautiful, the camera is great and so is the sound. I haven't pressed the home button for the Google Assistant in months, I use the squeeze function. I'm not sure how the Pixel 3 can top this, unless it has OEM wireless charging. By the way, I also have an Iphone X and I reach for the Pixel most of the time. I use the Iphone X to run my Apple watch.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Just the perfect size for me; it's light and I put a very thin case on it with a wireless charging adapter. Screen is beautiful, the camera is great and so is the sound. I haven't pressed the home button for the Google Assistant in months, I use the squeeze function. I'm not sure how the Pixel 3 can top this, unless it has OEM wireless charging. By the way, I also have an Iphone X and I reach for the Pixel most of the time. I use the Iphone X to run my Apple watch.
Which wireless charging case did you get?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I, too, only keep an iPhone for my Apple Watch. I concur with your feelings about your Pixel 2.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
RE: The charging case: I didn't get a charging case. I bought, on ebay, a small, thin coil that plugs into the USBc port. I then put the thin case over it and just put it on my wireless charging stand at night and it works perfectly.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
RE: The charging case: I didn't get a charging case. I bought, on ebay, a small, thin coil that plugs into the USBc port. I then put the thin case over it and just put it on my wireless charging stand at night and it works perfectly.
Thanks and which charging stand do you use?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I also have a iPhone(7) and find I just can't stand using it anymore. Used to switch to it on occasion but after the P2 the iPhone just seems so locked down and restricted. It serves as an emergency backup device should something happen to my pixel 2. IMO that is about all it's good for.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Still enjoying mine as well. I still peak over at the iPhone X from time to time (I could see myself using it)... at the same time I am interested in the Pixel 3 along with the Pixel Watch.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't even been looking at any phones to switch to, since getting my Pixel 2 XL. Its great. Still using it along side my OG Pixel :D

I do follow news of the Pixel 3 , but still to early to say I will for sure even purchase one this fall.

However if I was to upgrade the Pixel 3 would be at the top of the list to consider.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome! I too love the squeeze-to-launch Google Assistant. It will certainly be hard to top it with the Pixel 3. But I can't wait to see it!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Hey Jimbo, I have gone back and forth between the pixel 2 XL, back to my iPhone X, then to the regular pixel 2, back to the iPhone X, back to the 2 XL and so on!

I have another pixel 2 coming and I am forcing myself to sell my overpriced iPhone. Apple has been doing really shady stuff to its customers and I’m not one to support that. Going to jump back onto the android bandwagon, #teampixel baby! I’m excited to see what the pixel 3 and the pixel watch have in store for us. I think it is going to be game changing

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! I too love the squeeze-to-launch Google Assistant. It will certainly be hard to top it with the Pixel 3. But I can't wait to see it!

They need to allow more options for the squeeze. If I had the Google version I'd install magisk and use edge sense plus

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jimbo, I have gone back and forth between the pixel 2 XL, back to my iPhone X, then to the regular pixel 2, back to the iPhone X, back to the 2 XL and so on!

I have another pixel 2 coming and I am forcing myself to sell my overpriced iPhone. Apple has been doing really shady stuff to its customers and I’m not one to support that. Going to jump back onto the android bandwagon, #teampixel baby! I’m excited to see what the pixel 3 and the pixel watch have in store for us. I think it is going to be game changing

I'm with you. I'm always on the hunt for a better phone that meets my particular needs. I want a responsive phone with a good display, light and thin and have wireless charging. With my case mod, the Pixel 2 does everything I want. I can't find a better phone out there now that works on Verizon. Very interested in what the Pixel 3 will be like.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the bare-bones style though. One choice. It's a Pixel phone, minimalism is what it's about.

I can't believe how much I've missed stock Android. I knew I did, but once I picked up the Pixel 2 and relived the stock experience, the bare-bones style got me hooked. :)