Android P (Dev Preview 3) -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of using Alexa on a pixel??

There is none. Assistant is by far the best one. I just use the Alexa app to setup my Fire TV Cube to be able to work with my other things (Nest, Phillips Hue, etc.)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
There is none. Assistant is by far the best one. I just use the Alexa app to setup my Fire TV Cube to be able to work with my other things (Nest, Phillips Hue, etc.)

What do you think of the cube? I have mine setup and absolutely love it! Why didn't Amazon think of this sooner?!

My favorite feature is that it turns on my TV and my sound bar. Can also tell it to make the sound lower or higher. Really enjoying it so far. I use DirecTV now as well, it isn't working for you at all on P?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What do you think of the cube? I have mine setup and absolutely love it! Why didn't Amazon think of this sooner?!

My favorite feature is that it turns on my TV and my sound bar. Can also tell it to make the sound lower or higher. Really enjoying it so far. I use DirecTV now as well, it isn't working for you at all on P?

Yeah the Alexa app wouldn't load on P and the DirecTV Now just got stuck on the splash screen no matter what I did so I went back to O for now. All is working.

I am enjoying the Cube a lot. It works pretty well but I understand some limitations are waiting for apps to update. Such as I can't wait for DirecTV Now to update (I think they would) to support changing the channel by Alexa.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the Alexa app wouldn't load on P and the DirecTV Now just got stuck on the splash screen no matter what I did so I went back to O for now. All is working.

I am enjoying the Cube a lot. It works pretty well but I understand some limitations are waiting for apps to update. Such as I can't wait for DirecTV Now to update (I think they would) to support changing the channel by Alexa.

Yeah it can't do that yet, I honestly didn't even think it would ever work with DirecTV now but if it does that would be even more awesome

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it can't do that yet, I honestly didn't even think it would ever work with DirecTV now but if it does that would be even more awesome

I think AT&T will update for it. Since they don't sell something on their own (like an AT&T branded box for DirecTV Now) and they use 3rd parties like Fire TV, Apple TV, etc. it would make more sense for them to program that in for the Fire TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles