Weather Apps?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I use MyRadar for checking the radar (I think I used Google Rewards credits to get the premium content). It's got "hd" radar but I usually stick with the station based radar which I think is a premium option. For forecasts I use Weather Underground. It has good radar too but MyRadar loads a LOT faster if I'm trying to see if there's something severe coming. I live in Oklahoma so severe weather with tornadoes is always a possibility from about April through June, sometimes into July. For current conditions I just use the Google Weather info that's on the "at a glance" widget.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droid27.transparentclockweather.premium

Got it on sale and have been pretty happy with it. Has a great widget too.
cbb2eae8a9da85a9ae22b3d19ef624a6.jpg

anon(5493437)

Jul 9, 2018
Visit site
I am using the default weather app and I have a question about it. I wanted to put the weather condition to the notification shade so it doesn't matter where am I O can just pull down and I can check the weather. But it doesn't work. On my Nokia 7Plus it works fine but here no idea why but doesn't. I have turned on all the notification in the Google app but didn't help on my Pixel 2XL. Any idea?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am using the default weather app and I have a question about it. I wanted to put the weather condition to the notification shade so it doesn't matter where am I O can just pull down and I can check the weather. But it doesn't work. On my Nokia 7Plus it works fine but here no idea why but doesn't. I have turned on all the notification in the Google app but didn't help on my Pixel 2XL. Any idea?

That's not one of the menu options. The closest thing I can think of would be to type the letters WEA in to the search which should bring up the Froggy weather page.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I also found that if you have a weather app that provides notifications it will show up in the pull down.

Attachments

• 7458.jpg
    7458.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 30

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I also found that if you have a weather app that provides notifications it will show up in the pull down.

I'm not really a fan of that (though I can definitely understand why it'd be so useful for others to have): I like "clearing" my notifications so having a constant weather notification would irk me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really a fan of that (though I can definitely understand why it'd be so useful for others to have): I like "clearing" my notifications so having a constant weather notification would irk me.

Just presenting an alternative solution for the OP.
I didn't even realize it was there until I was looking into the pull down. Extracurricular notifications don't bother me too much because I clear everything after looking at the important ones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just presenting an alternative solution for the OP.
I didn't even realize it was there until I was looking into the pull down. Extracurricular notifications don't bother me too much because I clear everything after looking at the important ones.

Oh, absolutely! That's a very useful notification to always have at your disposal! :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of an app that would have Graph weather forecast for a week as a WIDGET?
For the week? Don't know of one. Dark Sky does short term graphs.

836f0be8ae3d90906039bacdfd969d05.jpg

Dark Sky is a paid app, but worth it. It does hyperlocal forecasts... Tells you exactly when it'll rain on your location rather than just a regional forecast. So it's a good supplement.

KidAKidB

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
I've been trying out Carrot Weather now that's it out on Android and though it's pretty cool, I don't really see much use for it over the built in weather app on my phone.

tony_clark01

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I don't have major weather checking works to do but still for weather related things I use YoWindow Free:

Yo 2.JPG

It is an Android weather app that offers rich animations and is easy to use. It displays a weather forecast with an animated landscape view of expected weather outside. Users can swipe left to right to view hourly or daily forecasts, with the animation changing to match the forecast. The app displays a lot of information at a glance, from precipitation to temperature, pressure, humidity and wind speed. Users can choose from a variety of landscapes and can set the view as a live wallpaper.

Regards
Tony

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I don't have major weather checking works to do but still for weather related things I use YoWindow Free:

View attachment 287212

It is an Android weather app that offers rich animations and is easy to use. It displays a weather forecast with an animated landscape view of expected weather outside. Users can swipe left to right to view hourly or daily forecasts, with the animation changing to match the forecast. The app displays a lot of information at a glance, from precipitation to temperature, pressure, humidity and wind speed. Users can choose from a variety of landscapes and can set the view as a live wallpaper.

Regards
Tony

This is awesome! I'll try it out! Thank you so much!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

View attachment 287212

Regards
Tony
Pretty Cool thanks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk