The strangest thing happened yesterday after installing Android 9 Pie!

My P2 Fingerprint Scanner has never worked since I purchased it in December. The Verizon salesman tried real hard to get my prints to scan, but they wouldn't, and I really didn't care about it as long as the PIN worked. However, after every update I have tried to scan in my prints, just for grins, to see if anything had changed. Well, lo and behold, last night I tried scanning in my fingerprint and it immediately buzzed and scanned my forefinger! Now it works immediately every time I touch it ... and it's so cool ... I can see why everyone thinks it's a necessity. SOMETHING in that update got it working.

More Pie happiness!
    00stryder and Morty2264 like this.
    08-08-2018 11:16 PM
    I'm more concerned that someone knowingly let you walk out with a dodgy device!
    Did they not offer to switch it for you!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-09-2018 04:18 AM
    No ... the salesman just said that older people with crosshatched fingerprints had problems registering their fingerprints. I had no reason not to believe him ... I'd not had a phone with a fingerprint reader before, and the PIN worked, which is a better security feature anyway. The FPS is more convenience, and fun!

This morning I registered a different fingerprint, so it's still working.
    08-09-2018 10:11 AM
    No ... the salesman just said that older people with crosshatched fingerprints had problems registering their fingerprints. I had no reason not to believe him ... I'd not had a phone with a fingerprint reader before, and the PIN worked, which is a better security feature anyway. The FPS is more convenience, and fun!

Hogwash! The salesman spoke with forked tongue.
    Morty2264 and Blaize19 like this.
    08-09-2018 02:52 PM
    My P2 Fingerprint Scanner has never worked since I purchased it in December.
    All this time in the Witness Protection Program and you're letting the cat out of the bag? Seriously, I didn't know that they changed your fingerprints as part of the program these days - they are really advanced...
    08-09-2018 03:13 PM
    OOOPS! My bad ...
    08-10-2018 04:23 PM

That's pretty lazy and incompetent of the salesman, if I do say so myself. So glad it is working for you now! Enjoy! Once I got a phone with a fingerprint scanner, I rarely used my PIN to unlock it! I love the fingerprint scanner!
    08-10-2018 07:00 PM
    I certainly am enjoying the FPS, it's definitely faster than the PIN. This just sort of made my "toy" new and shiny again!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-10-2018 09:43 PM
    I certainly am enjoying the FPS, it's definitely faster than the PIN. This just sort of made my "toy" new and shiny again!
    I'm sure it did! The FPS is definitely a must for me now when it comes to getting a new phone. Of course, I'd say almost all phone have one anyway at this point - I guess it's more a matter of where it's located on the phone than whether or not it has one!
    08-11-2018 08:57 AM
    The strangest thing happened yesterday after installing Android 9 Pie!

My P2 Fingerprint Scanner has never worked since I purchased it in December. The Verizon salesman tried real hard to get my prints to scan, but they wouldn't, and I really didn't care about it as long as the PIN worked. However, after every update I have tried to scan in my prints, just for grins, to see if anything had changed. Well, lo and behold, last night I tried scanning in my fingerprint and it immediately buzzed and scanned my forefinger! Now it works immediately every time I touch it ... and it's so cool ... I can see why everyone thinks it's a necessity. SOMETHING in that update got it working.

More Pie happiness!
    Glad everything is now working like it's supposed to.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-11-2018 09:56 AM