Pie and Fingerprint Scanner

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
The strangest thing happened yesterday after installing Android 9 Pie!

My P2 Fingerprint Scanner has never worked since I purchased it in December. The Verizon salesman tried real hard to get my prints to scan, but they wouldn't, and I really didn't care about it as long as the PIN worked. However, after every update I have tried to scan in my prints, just for grins, to see if anything had changed. Well, lo and behold, last night I tried scanning in my fingerprint and it immediately buzzed and scanned my forefinger! Now it works immediately every time I touch it ... and it's so cool ... I can see why everyone thinks it's a necessity. SOMETHING in that update got it working.

More Pie happiness!

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
No ... the salesman just said that older people with crosshatched fingerprints had problems registering their fingerprints. I had no reason not to believe him ... I'd not had a phone with a fingerprint reader before, and the PIN worked, which is a better security feature anyway. The FPS is more convenience, and fun!

This morning I registered a different fingerprint, so it's still working.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
No ... the salesman just said that older people with crosshatched fingerprints had problems registering their fingerprints. I had no reason not to believe him ... I'd not had a phone with a fingerprint reader before, and the PIN worked, which is a better security feature anyway. The FPS is more convenience, and fun!

Hogwash! The salesman spoke with forked tongue.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My P2 Fingerprint Scanner has never worked since I purchased it in December.
All this time in the Witness Protection Program and you're letting the cat out of the bag? Seriously, I didn't know that they changed your fingerprints as part of the program these days - they are really advanced...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty lazy and incompetent of the salesman, if I do say so myself. So glad it is working for you now! Enjoy! Once I got a phone with a fingerprint scanner, I rarely used my PIN to unlock it! I love the fingerprint scanner!

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I certainly am enjoying the FPS, it's definitely faster than the PIN. This just sort of made my "toy" new and shiny again!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I certainly am enjoying the FPS, it's definitely faster than the PIN. This just sort of made my "toy" new and shiny again!

I'm sure it did! The FPS is definitely a must for me now when it comes to getting a new phone. Of course, I'd say almost all phone have one anyway at this point - I guess it's more a matter of where it's located on the phone than whether or not it has one!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The strangest thing happened yesterday after installing Android 9 Pie!

My P2 Fingerprint Scanner has never worked since I purchased it in December. The Verizon salesman tried real hard to get my prints to scan, but they wouldn't, and I really didn't care about it as long as the PIN worked. However, after every update I have tried to scan in my prints, just for grins, to see if anything had changed. Well, lo and behold, last night I tried scanning in my fingerprint and it immediately buzzed and scanned my forefinger! Now it works immediately every time I touch it ... and it's so cool ... I can see why everyone thinks it's a necessity. SOMETHING in that update got it working.

More Pie happiness!

Glad everything is now working like it's supposed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non