I sent out my Pixel 2 XL this morning to have replaced (screen burn in), just under the 2 year warranty. Has anyone sent theirs in? Did it get replaced or repaired?
    11-04-2019 11:31 AM
    Often in cases like this companies will replace, but with a refurbished phone. Then your phone gets refurbished for someone else.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-04-2019 12:46 PM
    I agree with PKcable. They will most likely replaced it with a refurbished unit.
    11-04-2019 12:51 PM
    Well, hope they at least send me a refurb that's the panda, which is what I had for nearly 2 years. Except for the recent screen burn in, my 2 XL was in pristine condition too. I kept going back and forth about upgrading it to a 4 XL, but I'm a bit torn with some of its compromises. I even thought of getting a 3 XL (still keeping the 2 XL as backup) to tide me over until next year.
    11-04-2019 02:19 PM
    Well, hope they at least send me a refurb that's the panda, which is what I had for nearly 2 years. Except for the recent screen burn in, my 2 XL was in pristine condition too. I kept going back and forth about upgrading it to a 4 XL, but I'm a bit torn with some of its compromises. I even thought of getting a 3 XL (still keeping the 2 XL as backup) to tide me over until next year.
    I'm not sure under normal circumstances everyone covers screen burn but since that's one of the early issues that I think triggered the 2 year warranty I think they will do the right thing.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-04-2019 03:03 PM
    Yea I would get it replaced for sure, EVEN if I was upgrading. You'll get better resale value with a refurbished OR even (if you get real lucky) a new phone.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-04-2019 03:11 PM
    I'm not sure under normal circumstances everyone covers screen burn but since that's one of the early issues that I think triggered the 2 year warranty I think they will do the right thing.
    I was surprised I lucked out as long as I did with the issue (owners getting that burn in early on), and I only started to notice it recently. It was cool of Google to have extended it to 2 years like they did. I had no problems with the whole can't see the display in certain angles, I thought that was too nitpicky at the time.
    11-04-2019 09:41 PM
    I was surprised I lucked out as long as I did with the issue (owners getting that burn in early on), and I only started to notice it recently. It was cool of Google to have extended it to 2 years like they did. I had no problems with the whole can't see the display in certain angles, I thought that was too nitpicky at the time.
    The early burn in was a fluke
    11-05-2019 07:37 PM
    Update, my replacement Pixel 2 XL is being shipped, arriving on Monday. It says "Pixel XL Phone 2 White 128 GB (Verizon) (Refurbished)", so I'll see if the refurb looks as pristine as the one I sent out. I'm still thinking of getting a P4XL if the right deal comes along, or a P3XL.
    11-08-2019 11:15 AM
    My replacement Pixel 2 XL arrived last night, same color (panda) and size (128 gb). For a refurb, looks to be in excellent shape...
    Anyone recently RMA'ed their Pixel 2/2XL?-img_20191111_202954.jpg
    11-12-2019 03:17 PM
    Sweet! Now go sell it and buy a Pixel 4! lol
    jsarino likes this.
    11-13-2019 09:26 AM
    Sweet! Now go sell it and buy a Pixel 4! lol
    Waiting to see what Black Friday deals will be. Target seems the most intriguing so far, $300 gift card if you activate it with AT&T or Verizon(Pixel 4/4 XL), $550 if you get the Pixel 3/3 XL instead.
    11-13-2019 09:38 AM
    Waiting to see what Black Friday deals will be. Target seems the most intriguing so far, $300 gift card if you activate it with AT&T or Verizon(Pixel 4/4 XL), $550 if you get the Pixel 3/3 XL instead.
    So can you apply the gift card to the phone price, or is it one of those lock you into a monthly full price payment plans for the phone, and the gift card applies to something else? I don't mind activating the phone with AT&T, but I haven't been on contract for almost 20 years and always buy my phones out right ;-)
    11-14-2019 02:59 AM
    So can you apply the gift card to the phone price, or is it one of those lock you into a monthly full price payment plans for the phone, and the gift card applies to something else? I don't mind activating the phone with AT&T, but I haven't been on contract for almost 20 years and always buy my phones out right ;-)
    My guess is you have to use the 300 on your NEXT purchase so you would not be able to use it on the phone. They don't really do contracts anymore. You would have to pay for the phone upfront, OR enter a carrier financing agreement. Which, of course looks, sounds and feels like a contract, BUT it's not. You can cancel your service at any time, but you must pay the remainder of the agreement immediately if you do.

PS: Another good way to pay over time would be to use an interest free credit card offer. Check with your bank, often they can and will extend these offer for major purchases, and an 800 phone can be that type of purchase.
    jsarino, J Dubbs and jeff1penny like this.
    11-14-2019 08:08 AM
    I forgot to add in that Target deal above, the caveat is I think the storage option on either the 4/4 XL and 3/3 XL is 64 GB. I've yet to see their site reference the 128 GB in either version.

pkcable is correct that you can't apply that gift card on your purchase, and agreed that the financing agreement is a quasi-contract until you pay off the phone immediately or early, or pay it in installments for the 2 years or so you're in. Either way, you'll need to be signed up with either carrier to get the deal.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-14-2019 09:05 AM
    Thanks pk & js for clearing that up for me..... it's definitely some good up to date info that I needed ;-)
    jsarino and pkcable like this.
    11-16-2019 05:31 AM