What would it take for you to NOT upgrade to the pixel 2?

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The only way I wouldn't go with the Pixel XL2 is if they get rid of the headphone jack. I know you can use bluetooth, but my 2011 Honda only supports bluetooth for phonecalls. Thus if I want maps or music to go through the car speakers I have to plug in the headphone jack.

I am not going to buy a new car because I replace my phone so that is my one requirement.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The only way I wouldn't go with the Pixel XL2 is if they get rid of the headphone jack. I know you can use bluetooth, but my 2011 Honda only supports bluetooth for phonecalls. Thus if I want maps or music to go through the car speakers I have to plug in the headphone jack.

I am not going to buy a new car because I replace my phone so that is my one requirement.

Headphones/aux port still work with the same type of adapter that Moto, Apple, LG, HTC, etc use.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google Pixel 2 XL needs!!

No Snapdragon 836
No 6GB of RAM
No IP68

I need all these.

It for sure does not have the 836, because the 836 doesn't exist.
It for sure does not have 6 GB of RAM, which doesn't matter because it's definitely not needed.

You might want to wait until next year's devices when the 845 launches in the spring if the 835 isn't good enough.

travisel

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
It for sure does not have the 836, because the 836 doesn't exist.
It for sure does not have 6 GB of RAM, which doesn't matter because it's definitely not needed.

You might want to wait until next year's devices when the 845 launches in the spring if the 835 isn't good enough.

Who said the Snapdragon 836 doesn't exist? So why does the Samsung Note 8 using the Snapdragon 836? If it doesn't exist??

Again the Samsung Note 8 has 6GB of RAM!

LG Google Pixel 2 XL is supposed too be "Premium Quality" Q4 2017 quality!!

I could see Google Pixel 2 using Snapdragon 835 & 4GB of RAM! But Google Pixel 2 XL specs should be more! Bigger display, bigger battery, bigger "Snapdragon 836 processes", bigger RAM "6GB".....so if don't want to go bigger then go with "HTC" Google Pixel 2!!! .....and for the rest of us that wants premium quality go with "LG" Google Pixel 2 XL ..Samsung Note 8 Quality.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Who said the Snapdragon 836 doesn't exist? So why does the Samsung Note 8 using the Snapdragon 836? If it doesn't exist??

I could see Google Pixel 2 using Snapdragon 835 & 4GB of RAM! But Google Pixel 2 XL specs should be more! Bigger display, bigger battery, bigger "Snapdragon 836 processes", bigger RAM "6GB".....so if don't want to go bigger then go with "HTC" Google Pixel 2!!! .....and for the rest of us that wants premium quality go with "LG" Google Pixel 2 XL ..Samsung Note 8 Quality.

XL and regular have the same internal.

No one credible ever said the 8 has the 836. One Chinese blogger said so and people reprinted it and that was in June. Since then every major leak has indicated 835. Qualcomm never announced or hinted at a 836. Note 8 has 6 GB RAM because Samsung sucks at resource management. It'll still lag, we know this and accept it.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I expect a 900 mile trip would drain the battery using maps and possibly music.I guess at the halfway point I can see if I can pug it in at the rest stop and charge it for half an hour. It just doesn't seem too efficient then. My current Nexus I plug in and don't have to stop till the end of the trip.

travisel

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Well I expect a 900 mile trip would drain the battery using maps and possibly music.I guess at the halfway point I can see if I can pug it in at the rest stop and charge it for half an hour. It just doesn't seem too efficient then. My current Nexus I plug in and don't have to stop till the end of the trip.

If the Google Pixel 2 XL came with a 3850 mAh battery or bigger.. witch is only 400 mAh more then first generation Google Pixel XL. Power wouldn't be a problem for any long trips!

I don't understand why so many people do want Pixel 2 XL to have better specs then last year??? ...why not just buy first generation Pixel XL then? Or buy "Samsung Galaxy S8" if you want those specs??

Google Pixel 2 XL supposed too be a premium phablet! Not a Samsung Galaxy S8 but more like a Samsung Note 8.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If the Google Pixel 2 XL came with a 3850 mAh battery or bigger.. witch is only 400 mAh more then first generation Google Pixel XL. Power wouldn't be a problem for any long trips!

I don't understand why so many people do want Pixel 2 XL to have better specs then last year??? ...why not just buy first generation Pixel XL then? Or buy "Samsung Galaxy S8" if you want those specs??

Google Pixel 2 XL supposed too be a premium phablet! Not a Samsung Galaxy S8 but more like a Samsung Note 8.
Note 8 has a smaller battery than both the XL, XL 2, S8+, etc. 400 mAh is about 11% increase, so if you're used to 6 hours SOT, it basically adds 30 minutes, so 6.5 hours SOT.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Every leak I have seen said it would have the 835

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying people want the same specs as last year? Because nobody wants to pay premium prices for year old specs. Not to mention that battery still wouldn't hold up to super long trips with only a small bump over the pixel xl battery.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Lack of SD card slot will have me passing again.
I need local storage, and every other manufacturer is able to handle that.