What would it take for you to NOT upgrade to the pixel 2?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Before the Pixel was released Google was already working on the Pixel 2. If they are going to compete with Samsung and Apple they need to innovate and improve every aspect of the Pixel line. What did customer complain about last year...No IP68 rating and no OIS. Their teaser video makes it sound like they are going to improve on every aspect, better camera, better battery life, smarter Google Assistant, the campaign reminds me a little bit of the original Droid commercials. Gotta give props to Motorola, that was one of the best advertisements ever.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Before the Pixel was released Google was already working on the Pixel 2. If they are going to compete with Samsung and Apple they need to innovate and improve every aspect of the Pixel line. What did customer complain about last year...No IP68 rating and no OIS. Their teaser video makes it sound like they are going to improve on every aspect, better camera, better battery life, smarter Google Assistant, the campaign reminds me a little bit of the original Droid commercials. Gotta give props to Motorola, that was one of the best advertisements ever.

Well, they aren't going to improve on EVERY area (since there likely is no OIS, no wireless charging, no headphone jack). Frankly, given how much I love the Pixel XL, if they add water resistance, and improve the battery life, I'll consider it a win. I am not expecting too much more

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Definitely the lack of an IP67 or 68 rating, bluetooth 5.0 and most likely if it can't capture 4k/60fps- which seems unlikely from the rumors if they go with the Snapdragon 835.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Definitely the lack of an IP67 or 68 rating, bluetooth 5.0 and most likely if it can't capture 4k/60fps- which seems unlikely from the rumors if they go with the Snapdragon 835.
Well the good news is they are almost certainly going to check all of those boxes

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Do you charge and listen via headphones concurrently a lot? If not, a $4 USB-C to 3.5mm cord solves all your issues ..

It's such a simple solution I'm not sure why there's so much hubbub. But then again I rarely use headphones or earbuds so I am probably not the best person to evaluate the 3.5mm solution.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's such a simple solution I'm not sure why there's so much hubbub. But then again I rarely use headphones or earbuds so I am probably not the best person to evaluate the 3.5mm solution.

Well there is still concern for listening and charging at the same time. I believe there are dongles that may solve that problem.

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
A killer feature would be to have a ring around the fingerprint scanner slightly illuminated or have it give the perception that it's illuminated.

I wanted the back of the phone to look like the U11. But I saw a video where the back of the phone may have contributed to some flare a reviewer was experiencing. Probably why Google went with the same old backing.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I wanted the back of the phone to look like the U11. But I saw a video where the back of the phone may have contributed to some flare a reviewer was experiencing. Probably why Google went with the same old backing.

The Pixel has has its own problems with Lens flare, though apparently not consistent for all users, so I doubt that would be any reason to keep the current backing. If they give the lens a tiny camera hump/frame perhaps that would help somewhat with what I experience/experienced. As long as they fix that in some way, I'll be satisfied.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Google trying to challenge Apple for selling the most expensive phones out there. Google should realize that the fools who equate cost with quality are already locked into AppleWorld.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google trying to challenge Apple for selling the most expensive phones out there. Google should realize that the fools who equate cost with quality are already locked into AppleWorld.
Don't think that's a valid motivation. They're not trying to challenge, they're pricing accordingly with the market and with what their costs, etc demand. Just like Samsung, LG, Moto and everyone else who is more expensive now than two years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia